Error auto unpac and renaming help please

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
cobrauk

Error auto unpac and renaming help please

Post by cobrauk »

Hi All

Sabnzbd has been doing this for a while now so I thought i would ask you all if you know of an answer.

As you can see by the attached pictures sabnzbd fails to unpack and rename the nzb, but this is happening a lot lately but it doesn't fail every time.

I have uninstalled and reinstall sabnzbd but that didn't help.

If I try to run the video file it makes but hasn't renamed it wont let me fast forward and will bomb out (its like its unpacked but not fully ), as you can see from the folder it tried twice and failed also whats in the other folder "_UNPACK_Young_Sheldon_S02E05_720p_HDTV_X264-AVS" is the same as you see in the picture.

As a work around if I unpack it manually it will play fine it just wont rename the file, has anyone else had this happen and knows what is causing this please ? .

sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Error auto unpac and renaming help please

Post by sander »

I would say it's an "Error Renaming" (and not a unpack problem).

Anyway: usual suspects:
1) virusscanner accessing the intermediate files, and blocking (renaming) access. Workaround: Exclude D:\Downloads from your virusscanner
2) If it's a SAN/NAS (which I don't expect for a drive named D:): SAN/NAS problems.
cobrauk

Post by cobrauk »

@sander I did Exclude D:\Downloads from my virus scanner and also the incomplete folder just in case and it seems to have sorted the above, but now i am grabbing large 30gb iso file and its not unpacking correctly I notice an error message this said "Unable to stop the unrar process. " sabnzb did make the iso file but when trying to install the game it stops with an error and wont install, if i manually unpack the rar files it has errors and needs repairing which i can do before it makes the ISO file which it will do, but i want to know why sabnzb isnt doing this its self any ideas please ?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

I think you have disabled "Post Process only verified jobs" in Config Switches.
Normally SAB would not just allow broken files.
Please re-install SABnzbd with default settings: https://sabnzbd.org/wiki/faq#freshstart
And really only setup the server & download folder and nothing else.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
cobrauk

Post by cobrauk »

Hi Safihre.

Thanks for that information I have done what you asked and will see if that cures future downloads.

But I have to tell you something else is wrong now and that is while sabnzb is open the monitor keeps turning off and on soon as i switch to another tab it stops so it seems sabnzb is causing the monitor to turn off and on any idea why this is please ?

It has done this in the past when i first open sabnzb but not continually as it is now