Upgraded Internet Speed SAB Is Not Changing

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
brchcar1445

Upgraded Internet Speed SAB Is Not Changing

Post by brchcar1445 »

I have always got about 500 KB/S with SAB when downloading. I decided to upgrade my internet to 400 Mbps. I ran the speed test at speedtest. net (cant post a link) and it's showing 400.75 Mbps, but SAB is still downloading at 500 KB/s. I do have it set at 100% for downloading speed. I'm not sure if it's a setting I have to change or what, but I really want to get this downloading at a speed to match my internet speed.

Thank you so much for any help in advance!
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Upgraded Internet Speed SAB Is Not Changing

Post by sander »

Do NOT set a max download speed; it's meant to limit the speed.

And, if you can set a percentage, it means you have set a speed limit. That's bad. Search for "Maximum line speed", or go to http://127.0.0.1:8080/sabnzbd/config/ge ... _max_value directly, and remove the setting.
brchcar1445

Post by brchcar1445 »

I set the maximum line speed and percentage of line speed to 0. I played around with those settings a lot and never got any results, including setting them to 0 or just leaving them blank. I played around with the connections, I was able to get it up to 1.2 with the connections at 25. But I'm completely stumped. I just ran another speed test, got up to 317 Mbps. I can't figure out why it's downloading so slow, 1.2 MB/s is sooo slow for having that speed of internet.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

brchcar1445 wrote: November 14th, 2018, 11:47 pm I set the maximum line speed and percentage of line speed to 0.
Uhhh ... I would say that would limit the speed to 0 Mbps.

Just remove line speed setting.
And then check you cannot set a percentage anymore
brchcar1445

Post by brchcar1445 »

If you read the entire post...
I played around with those settings a lot and never got any results, including setting them to 0 or just leaving them blank.
I tried a little bit of everything with those lines including leaving them blank, setting them to zero and putting high numbers in there. Nothing ever really changed my speed. I'm just really frustrated with it. Spent a while looking at other peoples problems, making several tweaks and nothing is getting me even close to the speeds I should be seeing.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

I would recommend doing this: https://sabnzbd.org/wiki/faq#freshstart
By only doing these settings, you get a vanilla SABnzbd that should give max performance.

(sorry for slow reply, I was on vacation)
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate