Trouble with filename as job name

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
dpwcast123

Trouble with filename as job name

Post by dpwcast123 »

New user to sabnzb. I haven't been using usenet for a while but have recently just started to.

I've been struggling all day to try and get sab to rename files by the file name. I am using the sort option on the default category as %dn.%ext I have verified that the category of the files is in fact the matching default category. The file folder is correct with the name of the nzb but the file name is obfuscated. I've restarted and tried going through whatever settings I could think of and can't get it to rename the file. Is there anything else in the configuration that could keep the file renaming from happening? I have everything else with this set up perfectly, this is the last thing I have to get working.

I understand there is a script that can do this globally? Is that more reliable?

Any help would be awesome. Thanks!
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Trouble with filename as job name

Post by safihre »

You can use Deobfuscate.py and set it as your Default script in Config > Categories.
You will need to have Python 2.7 installed.

Did you make sure you "Enabled" the sorting and selected the categories on the left?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
2xtreme

Post by 2xtreme »

Really sorry for hijacking the thread but I'm having the exact same issue.

I have configured a new category (for the downloads coming from my RSS feed to go to a specific folder) and in said category I've put deobfuscate as a script.

I've also enabled the sorting for that category in Config -> Sorting and setup deobfuscate as de default port-processing script for all jobs. None of it works. The downloaded mkv stay with the hexadecimal name.

What I'm doing wrong?

PS: latest sabnzdb, python 2.7.15. Running on ubuntu 18.10
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

You should only use 1 of the 2.
So let's just enable Deobfuscate.py and disable Sorting.
Then download something, and in the History details, what does it show for the Script Log?
If there's no Script Log, the script didn't run probably because the job wasn't in the right category.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
DrPsyche

Post by DrPsyche »

Hello @safihre,

New here, just managed to make it all work. Thanks to this thread. There was no Script Log in the History details. Then I changed the category and had to enable Deobfuscate . py and disable Sorting like you said.

Thanks again,
Steve
Steve Seidel
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Easiest to enable it for your Default category, then it should always work (unless you pick a specific script for a category).