UNPACK errors

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
opentoe

UNPACK errors

Post by opentoe »

What would cause UNPACK folders to be left over in my final folder? I've attached a screen shot of what my TVSHOWS folder looks like. The file in the folder is the unpacked media file, which plays back fine. It's almost like SabNZB+ can't manipulate the folder, delete or change it or something. BUT, it doesn't happen on EVERY file I download. Is there a switch or setting I should be looking into for post processing of what to do with left over folders? I've attached a screen shot so you can see what I am talking about.

Before I start investigating and spending hours on end, I'd figure I would just ask here first. Any recommendations or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Also wanted to mention that is does only happen to certain shows, not all of them. It is running as a Docker under my Unraid server. Been very reliable, but noticed more and more of these _UNPACK_ folders in my TVSHOWS folder. So if other shows are not having problems, and them some others are that confuses me a bit.

I posted the days log on a paste site for the entire day in case it could help to determine what's going on. Here is the link. It was the only free service that allowed me to paste everything. It will expire in one month. Hopefully will have some kind of resolution.
http://batman.gyptis.org/zerobin/?07e1e ... wVSgyiZ7U=

Thanks!

And the folder these are all in are the final resting place where all the TVSHOWS should end up.

safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: UNPACK errors

Post by safihre »

Seems there's maybe indeed a problem with the directories that have a long name.
You could disable "Enable Folder Rename" in Config > Switches.
Seems maybe it's a problem with folder-rename of long names of the network.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
opentoe

Post by opentoe »

Well, it is all running on a Linux system which I never had issues with long file names. Only on Windows I've had these issues. And if I don't have rename on, my filenames will be a nightmare and I'll be spending 8 hours a day just renaming files. I need it to be automated.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

The "Enable Folder Rename" function is the one that adds the "__UNPACK__" part, all the other handeling is still done. It's made exactly for these kind of problems.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate