Free Space

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
methanoid

Free Space

Post by methanoid »

I need to get my head around this

Say I have 100GB SSD. I have files I download that are RARs, and when unpacked they produce ZIPs which when unpacked produce a final file. I have to allow for repair also.

I have "Enable recursive unpacking" as I need that

Minimum Free Space for Temporary Download Folder
There should be enough space to contain the largest complete job + 10% to repair jobs. When free space on the drive that holds the temporary folder is below this, SABnzbd is automatically pauses. You enter the amount in bytes but you can use factors like K, M, G etc. NOTE SABnzbd will not automatically resume downloading. You have to make diskspace available AND resume SABnzbd manually.

What is the biggest file I can download then? 30GB? Allow +10% for Pars, +3GB, Unpacked to 30GB of ZIPs, unpacks to 30GB Final File and then cleans up excess files and moves Final File to a different machine.

Is there any way I can set SAB to set the status of any NZB which is gonna be larger than 30GB to Paused?

Should I use "Pause downloading during post-processing"? I am guessing Yes

Any other tips (short of getting a bigger SSD) ;-)
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Free Space

Post by safihre »

Get a second drive ;)
But indeed, your calculations seem right.
You can do things to help: turn on the pause during post processing and also download only from top of the queue (in Config Switches, enable Advanced settings). This way you know for sure it's only handling 1 job at once.
In Config Specials there's a setting called size_limit, which does exactly what you want. It automatically pauses any job over the size specified when it gets added to the queue, you can then choose to manually resume it.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
methanoid

Post by methanoid »

Perfect, thanks. I would get a 2nd drive but its not an option on this remote rental server :-( Those tips will help though
methanoid

Post by methanoid »

safihre wrote: December 13th, 2018, 2:16 am Get a second drive ;)
But indeed, your calculations seem right.
You can do things to help: turn on the pause during post processing and also download only from top of the queue (in Config Switches, enable Advanced settings). This way you know for sure it's only handling 1 job at once.
In Config Specials there's a setting called size_limit, which does exactly what you want. It automatically pauses any job over the size specified when it gets added to the queue, you can then choose to manually resume it.
For "only from top of the queue" did you mean "Only Get Articles for Top of Queue" ???
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Yes indeed!
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate