Duplicate folders being created in destination

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
TheGrayLebowski

Duplicate folders being created in destination

Post by TheGrayLebowski »

I've been having this problem since I started downloading higher quality files (ie, >10GB), but I'm not sure it's related to that.

I have my temporary download location set to Z/usenet/temp, and my completed set to Z/usenet/completed. However, after the file has completed checking, while it is still in the process of downloading, I am having a folder created in my final post-processing folder for the file with its full name... For instance, Z/ usenet / movies /The Gray Lebowski 1080p Obfuscated. Inside this folder is a gibberish long file name. It is an incomplete version of the final file. Then, upon completion, post-processing happens, and the final file is placed into the folder, creating a duplicate. However, Plex thinks they are both the full file and gets confused.

Hopefully that makes sense. It's not a huge deal to delete the duplicates, but my OCD would love for me to not have to do that.

Thanks in advance.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Duplicate folders being created in destination

Post by safihre »

Direct Unpack is already unpacking the file while you download. Normally it should do a proper rename and not create 2 files, but probably because Plex or other software is locking the file it can't rename it correctly.
Also, is your Z drive a network drive? This also gives issues sometimes, especially on Windows.
You can disable Direct Unpack, if you can disable Folder Rename in Config Switches. And regarding Plex, you could use the Config Specials "nomedia_marker" (see Wiki) to put an ignore file/marker while (direct) unpacking is in progress and is deleted afterwards.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
TheGrayLebowski

Wow. Super helpful. Yes, Z is a Windows mapped network drive.

I'll read up on all of that. Thanks for the reply.
TheGrayLebowski

safihre wrote: December 24th, 2018, 1:38 am you could use the Config Specials "nomedia_marker" (see Wiki) to put an ignore file/marker while (direct) unpacking is in progress and is deleted afterwards.
Noob question. But what do I set the "nomedia_marker" value to? Its default is blank. Do I change it to a .nomedia?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

From a quick Google I think you should put there ".plexignore"
https://support.plex.tv/articles/201375 ... lexignore/
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
TheGrayLebowski

Cheers! 🥃