Download showing as 100% but not complete

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
lozkin

Download showing as 100% but not complete

Post by lozkin »

Hi all

I’ll try and explain my situation as well as possible – I’ve recently changed the download folder for Sab to my new QNAP Nas – since then I’ve been noticing a few odd things. For example, I’m currently downloading a 100gb file that has 92 rar files – the download completed on Sab (I have it set to repair, unpack and delete) but doesn’t start to repair or unrar. I check the incomplete folder, and only 40 of the Rar files have downloaded, but I stay looking at the incomplete folder and I watch each rar file continue to download until eventually all 92 files are complete at which point Sab will send it to repair / unpack mode. This happens pretty much all the time, and I wondered why I was getting a visual representation on Sab that the file has 100% downloaded, but in reality the download still has 50% or more to go.

Am I doing anything wrong?!
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Download showing as 100% but not complete

Post by sander »

I don't exactly understand what you're describing, but: What happens when you use your local drive again. Problem gone ... ?
lozkin

Post by lozkin »

unfortunately I cant check as I used to download to an external hard drive on my laptop which isn't connected anymore.

I'll give another example, I have just downloaded another file, 4799mb. Sab Nzb says 100%, but it is not post processing . I check in my incomplete folder and my file is in there. The only thing inside is a folder saying _ADMIN_ which contains 5000+ items called SABnzb_article all at 750kb. each

I'm confused as to why this is happening?
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

SABnzbd uses __Admin__ to store articles which will later be assembled into a file.
It may happen that articles of a file are timing out.
Until it is clear that an article is truly missing, the articles will stay in the disk cache.
100% may be a rounding error and in reality SABnzbd is still waiting.
Check the status menu (tool symbol) and see if there are still connections open to the Usenet servers.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

It is stuck deleting the files, you just have to have patience and then it will complete.
Try to reduce your download speed a little bit so it doesn't have to write articles to disk, this causes a major slowdown.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate