transferring sab to a new computer

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
renegade

transferring sab to a new computer

Post by renegade »

So, I thought I had the right idea, but its not working!

In any case, I got a new mac and want to transfer my working sab install to the new machine (history, servers, etc, there is nothing in queue).

What I thought would be the way was to install sab on new machine, then replace the contents of Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/SABnzbd

However when launching Sab on the new machine, nothing happens and it seems to close.

I can empty that folder, then start sab, and get the wizard, but seems when I put the .ini files in it doesn't work.

Using 2.3.8 beta 1 on both machines

Any help?

EDIT: sorry forgot to add that new machine is running Mojave 10.14.3, I also managed to find this in the logs:

Feb 12 16:11:04 s-iMac-2 SABnzbd[2411]: DEPRECATED USE in libdispatch client: dispatch source activated with no event handler set; set a breakpoint on _dispatch_bug_deprecated to debug
Feb 12 16:11:05 s-iMac-2 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (org.sabnzbd.team.2592[2411]): Service exited with abnormal code: 70
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: transferring sab to a new computer

Post by safihre »

Try running in Terminal:
/Applications/SABnzbd.app/Contents/MacOS/SABnzbd --console -l2
After placing the backup, it should tell you what is wrong.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
RokuMan

Post by RokuMan »

renegade wrote: February 12th, 2019, 4:06 pm So, I thought I had the right idea, but its not working!

In any case, I got a new mac and want to transfer my working sab install to the new machine (history, servers, etc, there is nothing in queue).

What I thought would be the way was to install sab on new machine, then replace the contents of Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/SABnzbd

However when launching Sab on the new machine, nothing happens and it seems to close.

I can empty that folder, then start sab, and get the wizard, but seems when I put the .ini files in it doesn't work.

Using 2.3.8 beta 1 on both machines

Any help?

EDIT: sorry forgot to add that new machine is running Mojave 10.14.3, I also managed to find this in the logs:

Feb 12 16:11:04 s-iMac-2 SABnzbd[2411]: DEPRECATED USE in libdispatch client: dispatch source activated with no event handler set; set a breakpoint on _dispatch_bug_deprecated to debug
Feb 12 16:11:05 s-iMac-2 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (org.sabnzbd.team.2592[2411]): Service exited with abnormal code: 70
@renegade did you ever resolve this? I'm about to install a new SSD in my Mac-mini and want to transfer all the settings/history for SAB across if possible

thanks
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

It should work to just copy the whole directory of https://sabnzbd.org/wiki/advanced/directory-setup
~/Library/Application Support/SABnzbd/
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate