Sab stuck

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
darksupernova

Re: Sab stuck

Post by darksupernova »

Hello,

Apologies for the slow reply.

It would appear that having two NewsgroupDirect servers (Holland and Germany) was the issue. I had both added on the basis that the files may be deleted from one but not the other. The result was that when sab searched the second server for the missing file the connection was refused for both.

I'm sure I read somewhere that it's a good idea to add multiple locations but it doesnt seem to work in this case!

Thanks again for your help.
darksupernova

Post by darksupernova »

I have been messaging with Newsgroup Direct again who confirm I can have multiple servers connected without issue as long as I don't exceed 50 connections. I only had 10.

To summarise the problem: When connected to two Newsgroupdirect servers and trying to download a missing article, sab reports server refused connection and the download speec drops to bytes per second and the queue gets stuck. When only connected to one, sab correctly identifies missing articles and kills the job.

Is this a sab issue or a newsgroup direct issue?
Thanks again!
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Really? Hmm, strange. I didn't see that in the logs you shared. Refused connection?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
darksupernova

Post by darksupernova »

Apologies Safihre, I was doing two things at once and got confused.

I meant to write that the server closes the connection when I connect with 2 servers to NGD but not with 1.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

I can only speculate what is going wrong there.. All we get is a closed connection, so no data received. Not much more we can diagnose about that.
Could just as well be somewhere in your network or the ISP network.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate