slow download speed help

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
oufoui

slow download speed help

Post by oufoui »

I have been using sab for a few years without problem, but in the last week I started having some problem with extremely slow download speed. I was getting around 5.4 to 6 MB/s but in the past week its been fluctuating around 100-400 KB/s. When I look at status and interface option it shows either or both( Public IPv4 address and Nameserver / DNS Lookup) as connection failed. When I test the server (newsgroup.ninja) with 8 connection I get this error. [Errno 10061] ('_ssl.c:711: The handshake operation timed out',) I have tried restarting my computer and program but had no success fixing it.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: slow download speed help

Post by safihre »

It seems you are having connection problems with your general internet, or at least SABnzbd can't reach it well enough.
How is it connected? Wifi?
Otherwise try resetting your router and other networking hardware.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
oufoui

Post by oufoui »

safihre wrote: April 6th, 2019, 12:47 pm It seems you are having connection problems with your general internet, or at least SABnzbd can't reach it well enough.
How is it connected? Wifi?
Otherwise try resetting your router and other networking hardware.
yes i am connected via wifi but it seems like the wifi is working with other device. i already tried resetting my router as well. I just want to make sure it is with my internet before calling the provider
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

You can check on the PC SABnzbd is installed on to run speedtest.net and see what it provides.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
oufoui

Post by oufoui »

well apparently when connected to ethernet cable it works properly getting a consistent 6 MB/s