Automated Downloads start Paused - I've Tried Everything!

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Fuxtapose

Automated Downloads start Paused - I've Tried Everything!

Post by Fuxtapose »

So if I add an NZB file, it'll start automatically; but if use Sonarr to automate my downloads, SABnzbd will ALWAYS start them paused, which defeats the purpose of the automation.

I've read the forums, double checked the settings everyone keeps mentioning (this seems like a common problem?), but the downloads from Sonarr always start paused.

I even reinstalled and wiped my settings, then on the clean install only added my login credentials, Usenet Provider, and Folder Locations, but downloads from Sonarr STILL start paused.

I've reviewed Sonarr's settings and didn't see anything on Sonarr's end that would be causing this.

I enabled the debug logging (Via 'Status and interface options') but I can't see anything in the log about being paused.

* SABnzbd is paused by the pause/play-button in the upper left corner = Mine's not paused
* SABnzbd is paused because there is not enough disk space = 41.8GB free (is this my problem?)
* SABnzbd is paused because of a scheduled pause (so time-based, see Schedule) = No scheduler set
* SABnzbd is paused because there is no working Newsserver (check with Server -> Test Server) = Tested, working fine
* SABnzbd is paused because all individual downloads are paused = They start paused when coming from Sonarr, so...
* SABnzbd is paused because a category (Config -> Categories) is set to priority Paused = None set to pause, all at default values

Any help? Thanks.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Automated Downloads start Paused - I've Tried Everything!

Post by sander »

Great that you've used and checked the check list.

I think I have to add one extra cause:

"The NZB is added via the API with priority '2 = Paused'. "
See https://sabnzbd.org/wiki/advanced/api#addurl

My guess is that Sonarr is doing that.

So, set SAB's logging to +Debug. Let Sonar add a few files. Then check your sabnzbd.log: search for "API-call".

sabnzbd.log.1:2019-03-27 17:28:34,695::DEBUG::[interface:481] API-call from 127.0.0.1 [curl/7.35.0] {'output': u'xml', 'apikey': u'dab2a3dddd633fab076a88a596f6', 'mode': u'addfile', 'name': <cherrypy._cpreqbody.Part object at 0xa7e138ac>}

What do your lines say?
Fuxtapose

Post by Fuxtapose »

sander wrote: April 10th, 2019, 12:34 pm Great that you've used and checked the check list.

I think I have to add one extra cause:

"The NZB is added via the API with priority '2 = Paused'. "
See [...]

My guess is that Sonarr is doing that.

So, set SAB's logging to +Debug. Let Sonar add a few files. Then check your sabnzbd.log: search for "API-call".

sabnzbd.log.1:2019-03-27 17:28:34,695::DEBUG::[interface:481] API-call from 127.0.0.1 [curl/7.35.0] {'output': u'xml', 'apikey': u'dab2a3dddd633fab076a88a596f6', 'mode': u'addfile', 'name': <cherrypy._cpreqbody.Part object at 0xa7e138ac>}

What do your lines say?
That's it!

DEBUG::[interface:481] API-call from 127.0.0.1 [Sonarr/2.0.0.5322 (windows 10.0.17763.0)] {'apikey': u'<HASH>82dcedb', 'name': <cherrypy._cpreqbody.Part object at 0x0000000004562048>, 'cat': u'tv', 'priority': u'-2', 'mode': u'addfile', 'output': u'json'}

"priority: u'-2'"

I saw that and was wondering what setting "-2" was, so thanks for the link! I'm absolutely impressed with the documentation!

Let me go check my Sonarr settings and review their documentation. Thank you!

EDIT: Fixed it!

Sonarr -> Settings -> Download Client -> SABnzbd

Recent Priority: Default = 'Default'; change to 'Normal'
Older Priorty: Default = 'Paused'; change to 'Normal'

Thanks a lot for the help! Hopefully this will help someone in the future!
mecheng787

Post by mecheng787 »

Thanks for this. I never had this issue until I moved my setup to my NAS. I couldn't understand why all my jobs started at a paused state until I saw your post.

Much appreciated!
tizio

Post by tizio »

Omg thank you. I was pulling my hair out trying to fix this.