SABNZBD Validator

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
pguillot69

SABNZBD Validator

Post by pguillot69 »

Love the program
Have noticed the system getting stuck on occasion so I just move it along.
Possible request and by no means pushing.
Systems have become multithread and multi cores.
Would you guys entertain the idea of having a concurrent process of verifiying the download of a NZB file while downloading another.
I know you have a pause for unpacking and a direct unpacking feature but more and more BS Nzbs are being uploaded or a fileserver is offline at the time and I would love to have my system screen the NZBs for any that are at least possible to download before tying up my bandwidth completely

There can be 10 NZBs on one indexer and only one is correct. It is not even the last one.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: SABNZBD Validator

Post by safihre »

Sorry I'm not completly understanding what feature you would like?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

pguillot69 wrote: April 30th, 2019, 2:53 pm Would you guys entertain the idea of having a concurrent process of verifiying the download of a NZB file while downloading another.
Question: in SAB, do you know and use "Check before download / Try to predict successful completion before actual download (slower!)" (via sabnzbd/config/switches/#pre_check )

If so, how does that work for you? Is it reliable in predicting the real outcome?
pguillot69

Post by pguillot69 »

Sorry Sander, Did not get back sooner.
Yes, I use it all the time. Sometimes the validation of CBD is okay but sometimes a server will not respond to the CBD but will come online during the course of the download. I have had some success in having the system still try to download at a later date.

I love the way it works but want to have a way of sifting thru the garbage to get to the one NZB that is worth the effort. There is a lot of crap and SAB will get overloaded and very much behind if rolls the way it is doing now.

The queue has now turned to FILO instead of FIFO. This causes a horrible delay in downloading something, especially if there is a lot of trash NZB with the same name.