previous tv sorting was working, now no longer

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
renegade

previous tv sorting was working, now no longer

Post by renegade »

Sabnzbd: 2.3.8 [0dd1f64]
MacOS Mojave 10.14.4 (18E226)

Previously working fine tv renaming, now no longer sanitizes the names as per the parameters: %sn/Season %s/%sn - S%0sE%0e - %en.%ext

The result is now for example: Chicago Med - S04E21 - 720p HDTV x264-xxx.mkv

Whereas previously it would be: Chicago Med - S04E17 - The Space Between Us.mkv

Sab correctly puts it in the correct folder structure via the category, however it is not renaming correctly.

The only thing that I know has changed is that I had to switch RSS feeds due to the recent closing of a popular nzb site.

I am a little perplexed though why it may not be renaming correctly as it is correctly doing all else (based off of categories and sorting).

Any insight on what I may try to fix it ?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: previous tv sorting was working, now no longer

Post by safihre »

Probably the new indexer has a tiny bit different file naming.
It has to be said that our parameter-extraction is not the most advanced, actually it's really basic. Tools like Sonarr are much better in handeling the new filenames.
But maybe you can share a filename of the old indexer and the new indexer? This way maybe we can just improve a tiny bit the matching!
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Also: indexer can send extra "x-dnb-*" headers, for example "x-dnb-episodename", which SABnzbd would then use to override it's own detection.
Maybe the old indexer did that?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
renegade

Post by renegade »

old one is nzbs.org, new is omgwtfnzbs

I know you have the disclaimer about it not being very robust, but it worked perfectly previously, just kind of caught me off guard as it is parsing categories and everything else correctly, just no longer renaming it totally correct, and sorting it to the correct folders.

Honestly, it doesn't affect the end result for me, it was just something I noticed, and thought there may be an easy fix.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

If you share the filename (can always remove the actual show name), I can give a go at trying to improve it a bit!