File move incomplete - complete - file name issues

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
psycik

File move incomplete - complete - file name issues

Post by psycik »

I've moved from windows sabnzbd to a docker based instance (linuxserver/sabnzbd).

Generally working well But I can see some rename errors on some files, actually interestingly enough it's some spaces with issues, and i just checked that "Replace spaces in folder name" is checked....

Anyway in my container, I confirmed that I could copy the file if I quoted the filename,

Code: Select all

2019-05-24 10:01:58,858::DEBUG::[misc:1038] Moving (overwrite: 0) /incomplete-downloads/HackSpace.Magazine-Issue.019.[Jun.2019].1/HackSpace Magazine - Issue 019 [Jun 2019].pdf => /complete/magazines/HackSpace Magazine - Issue 019 [Jun 2019].pdf
2019-05-24 10:01:58,859::DEBUG::[misc:1129] Renaming "/incomplete-downloads/HackSpace.Magazine-Issue.019.[Jun.2019].1/HackSpace Magazine - Issue 019 [Jun 2019].pdf" to "/complete/magazines/HackSpace Magazine - Issue 019 [Jun 2019].pdf"
2019-05-24 10:01:58,876::DEBUG::[misc:1044] File could not be renamed, trying copying: /incomplete-downloads/HackSpace.Magazine-Issue.019.[Jun.2019].1/HackSpace Magazine - Issue 019 [Jun 2019].pdf
2019-05-24 10:01:58,876::ERROR::[misc:1056] Failed moving /incomplete-downloads/HackSpace.Magazine-Issue.019.[Jun.2019].1/HackSpace Magazine - Issue 019 [Jun 2019].pdf to /complete/magazines/HackSpace Magazine - Issue 019 [Jun 2019].pdf
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'/complete/magazines/HackSpace Magazine - Issue 019 [Jun 2019].pdf'

So it's not actually a permissions error, but it reports that because the filename and directories contain spaces on the incomplete side.

Is there a way the incomplete file and folder names could be more system friendly?
psycik

Re: File move incomplete - complete - file name issues

Post by psycik »

Just on this, I assume I could rename it in post processing, but if I renamed the folder...wouldn't sabnzbd lose track of it and not be able to move it to complete?
psycik

Post by psycik »

Nobody else using sabnzbd on Linux finding an issue with file Names?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

I see a few possible causes:

Docker. I assume u'/complete/ is a directory accessible from the host. If so, what is the host and what is the host filesystem?
Space (what you say)
Square brackets.
psycik

Post by psycik »

Yeah. In the op I confirmed that the directory exists and as far as I can tell permissions are correct. Though I need to check the user I exec into the container is the same as what SABnzbd runs under.

But at the moment I think the issue is the square brackets and I can’t seem to find a way to remove those and the spaces.

Host system is Linux. Complete and incomplete directories are the same machine. Btw the same scenario all except the square brackets is working fine for tv and movies and they’ve ate then picked up by something else and sent to a nas.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Can you run SABnzbd on the Linux host and let it download that same NZB (with the square brackets) ... what is the result?
Puzzled

Post by Puzzled »

Is the file system still FAT or NTFS? If you can control it you could try ext4. If not then check which charset is used to mount the disk.
psycik

Post by psycik »

File systems should be ext4.

I was able to manually copy the file using tab complete, but I noticed it escaped the spaces and square brackets. When you look at the logging, it doesn't do that...but that could just be the log entry, not what's it's actually trying copy.
psycik

Post by psycik »

Ahh it was permissions in the end....I had a look and saw the owner of the folder was different to the others (maybe it was created via sab, rather than me creating it).

So I set the owner the same as the others, and I was able to get it work.

Sorry false alarm