Direct Unpack to NAS

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
PiERiT

Direct Unpack to NAS

Post by PiERiT »

I'm running the latest version of SABnzbd on a Win10 machine. Both my temp download folder and my completed download folder are local directories, but everything I download gets assigned a category with a specific Folder/Path setting to place the downloaded files onto my NAS. This works fine but I'm wondering if there's a better way to do it, performance-wise. Right now it seems like it direct unpacks (while downloading) to the local folder, but then when it's finished downloading, it unpacks a second time to the NAS folder. Is there a way to have it direct unpack (while downloading) to the NAS folder instead?

Thanks in advance.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Direct Unpack to NAS

Post by safihre »

It should Direct Unpack to the final folder, on your NAS. Does it not do that?
Could you turn on Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and then after you finish another download, send me the log at [email protected]?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
PiERiT

Post by PiERiT »

I don't think it does. I'll get those logs for you this evening. Thanks.

Edit: Sent. Thanks again.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Via the logs in the email we found that the Direct Unpack works directly to the NAS, but sometimes gets paused due to racing conditions when we can't name the file correctly yet and the Direct Unpacker cant find the file.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate