Unpacking failed, write error or disk is full

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
jacksongls

Unpacking failed, write error or disk is full

Post by jacksongls »

Running Sabnzbd version 2.3.9 [03c10dc] on a Raspberry Pi 4 (4GB, Raspbianbuster) along with Sonarr and Radarr. Sab is downloading to a usb thumb drive on the pi, then the files are moved over to a network mounted folder on an external drive plugged into a Nvidia Shield TV.

On far majority of downloads, but not completely all, Sabnzbd loses connection as soon as Unpacking begins. After a couple of minutes, the connection resumes and I get these errors:

“Error: write error (in the file…mnt/shield/etc…)” and the file history says “Unpacking failed, write error or disk is full?”

Disk is not full, I have confirmed.

This seems to mostly happen with TV shows, so I have considered it a Sonarr or a Mono problem. But I am not seeing any errors in Sonarr log. I have also read there are issues with latest Mono 6.0 release and network drives, so I downgraded to Mono 5.20 per others suggestions, but that did not solve the problem, bringing me back to Sabnzbd.

The log shows this: ERROR::[newsunpack:732] ERROR: write error ( in the file /mnt/shield-usb/Downloads/Complete/TV Shows/_UNPACK_Wo…etc)

I also noticed in the log something weird that says: "Inappropriate ioctl for device"

Everything had been working perfectly for the last few weeks since I set this up until the other day, just randomly stopped working. Perhaps the drive plugged into the shield is going bad, but it seems to be functioning just fine so I'm not sure if these errors are related to that, or to Sab, or to Sonarr...etc.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Unpacking failed, write error or disk is full

Post by safihre »

Do you maybe have another usb to try?
You can switch logging to Debug in the Status window and then after it happens again, inspect the output of Unrar.
The error we give is when unrar throws errors that it can't write files. That can be for a number of reasons, mostly due to permissions or disk being full, so that's what we report as possibilities. But in this case it can be worth to see the exact unrar error.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
jacksongls

Post by jacksongls »

I have had debug switched on and have the log up in front of me. Can you help guide me towards what specifically to look for? I can just copy/paste what looks like relevant Unrar info that surrounds this specific error in the log. But let me know if there's a better way to share info with you (im new so cant post link to pasetbin), or what to look for in the log: well nevermind it's not letting me paste anything. Says I can't post links even though I dont think theres a link in the log file. Can you help?
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jcfp »

Just put it on pastebin and mention that in a reply here along with the unique id of the paste.
Oliev

Post by Oliev »

jacksongls wrote: August 10th, 2019, 6:47 am Running Sabnzbd version 2.3.9 [03c10dc] on a Raspberry Pi 4 (4GB, Raspbianbuster) along with Sonarr and Radarr. Sab is downloading to a usb thumb drive on the pi, then the files are moved over to a network mounted folder on an external drive plugged into a Nvidia Shield TV.

On far majority of downloads, but not completely all, Sabnzbd Showbox loses connection as soon as Unpacking begins. After a couple of minutes, the connection resumes and I get these errors:

“Error: write error (in the file…mnt/shield/etc…)” and the file history says “Unpacking failed, write error or disk is full?”

This seems to mostly happen with TV shows, so I have considered it a Sonarr or a Mono problem. But I am not seeing any errors in Sonarr log. I have also read there are issues with latest Mono 6.0 release and network drives, so I downgraded to Mono 5.20 per others suggestions, but that did not solve the problem, bringing me back to Sabnzbd.

The log shows this: ERROR::[newsunpack:732] ERROR: write error ( in the file /mnt/shield-usb/Downloads/Complete/TV Shows/_UNPACK_Wo…etc)

I also noticed in the log something weird that says: "Inappropriate ioctl for device"

Everything had been working perfectly for the last few weeks since I set this up until the other day, just randomly stopped working. Perhaps the drive plugged into the shield is going bad, but it seems to be functioning just fine so I'm not sure if these errors are related to that, or to Sab, or to Sonarr...etc.
Did you solve this problem? I have the same and need help
DESMOND6670

Post by DESMOND6670 »

even my unpacked failed
faysalbing

Post by faysalbing »

Same for me! It's not even unpacking anymore. Guys, if you found a solution then please let me know! I need it so bad.

Regards,
Regards, Faysal
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Well, maybe post some more logs?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
sammyjason12

Post by sammyjason12 »

jacksongls wrote: August 10th, 2019, 6:47 am Running Sabnzbd version 2.3.9 [03c10dc] on a Raspberry Pi 4 (4GB, Raspbianbuster) along with Sonarr and Radarr. Sab is downloading to a usb thumb drive on the pi, then the files are moved over to a network mounted folder on an external drive plugged into a Nvidia Shield TV.

On far majority of downloads, but not completely all, Sabnzbd loses connection as soon as Unpacking begins. After a couple of minutes, the connection resumes and I get these errors:

If you fixed the error, please update the solution, it will help us lot. Thanks.