Problem updating on QNAP

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Cerberus

Problem updating on QNAP

Post by Cerberus »

I’m running QTS 4.3.6.0993 on a TS-251+.

In order to update, I clicked on the download indicator on the Sab screen and then went to the AppCenter, clicked on the ‘+’ in a circle near the top rh corner and got the Install Manually pop up. I browse and select the SABnzbd-2.3.9-src.tar.gz file and click Install.
After a short time, I get a pop up message saying:

[App Center] Failed to install SABnzbd-2.3.9-src.tar.gz due to a file format error.

Where did I go wrong?

OneCD

Re: Problem updating on QNAP

Post by OneCD »

The QTS App Center only supports the installation of QPKGs. These are a format specific to QNAP (essentially, they’re a shell-script with a compressed binary payload).

How you update will depend on how you installed your current SABnzbd. ;)
Stuff I like: Apache BASH CRON DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo S20 pfSense Python Raspberry Pi RAID SABnzbd SickChill Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE

Cerberus

Post by Cerberus »

I believe I installed from the QNAP Store back in May. Would an update package be provided from there?

OneCD

Post by OneCD »

I think you’re describing @Stephane’s QSabNZBdPlus available in the Qnapclub Store.

@Stephane updates his packages from time to time. But he usually cannot stay up-to-date with the latest versions. You can ask him to release an updated version via the QNAP Community Forum.

An alternative is the sherpa installer script. It will install a self-updating SABnzbd QPKG. ;D
Stuff I like: Apache BASH CRON DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo S20 pfSense Python Raspberry Pi RAID SABnzbd SickChill Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE

Cerberus

Post by Cerberus »

Now that I look more closely, you are correct and I will follow your advice. Many thanks.

stester

Post by stester »

Did you get 2.3.9 installed Cerberus? Does the rate limit slider work?