Why is SABnzbd not using my secondary server for the missing parts or rar from a download ?

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
ng4ever

Why is SABnzbd not using my secondary server for the missing parts or rar from a download ?

Post by ng4ever »

I just tested using my secondary server only, which is much slower but I don't care, and it downloaded it fine.

Should I switch to nzbget or will the same thing happen?

Is it any better using a secondary server just to get the missing pieces so my block account as a secondary server lasts a long time?

I really don't want to switch programs/clients.
ng4ever

Re: Why is SABnzbd not using my secondary server for the missing parts or rar from a download ?

Post by ng4ever »

Weird NZBget worked fine with main newsgroup provider and backup newsgroup provider.

Sad :( I will still try to get SABnzbd to work somehow. It does but only if I use the backup newsgroup provider to download the nzb. Not both main newsgroup provider and backup newsgroup provider.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Why is SABnzbd not using my secondary server for the missing parts or rar from a download ?

Post by safihre »

Can you remove both servers and add them again using just username+password and priority of 0 and 1?
It might be some combination of settings.
Do you have "Check before download" turned on?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
ng4ever

Post by ng4ever »

safihre wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 1:08 am Can you remove both servers and add them again using just username+password and priority of 0 and 1?
It might be some combination of settings.
Do you have "Check before download" turned on?

Ok I did the first thing but then found out Check before download was not turned on so turned it on!

Thank you thank you! I think it worked. Don't quote me on that quite yet but going to test some more.

What does that feature do exactly please?
ng4ever

Post by ng4ever »

Ok it didn't work 100% downloaded over 8 seasons of a show and 10 out of over 100 episodes failed.

Which isn't bad but after it was done I switched server again to my backup and those 10 episodes then downloaded without failures.

I wish I didn't have to do that :(