using sabnzbd with s3fs

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
sarpedon

using sabnzbd with s3fs

Post by sarpedon »

hi! first i want to thank the sabnzbd community for making a great piece of software. it's really easy to use and super reliable!

my question is about configuring sabnzbd to best work with s3fs. I want as few operations as possible having to go through s3fs. I'm not 100% familiar with sabnzbd's post-processing, but i'd imagine the most efficient way would be to download to a local working directory, unpacking and renaming to the configured naming format, then creating the folders in s3fs and moving the file over. how can i get as close to that as possible?

the reason why i'm asking for this is because currently it takes forever to finish unpacking files, and i'm hoping that someone here is familiar with my situation and has optimized their setup already. thanks!
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: using sabnzbd with s3fs

Post by safihre »

Sorry for the slow response, was on vacation!
This request has popped-up from time to time over the past few years, to only move after unpacking.
However, we never implemented it because the majority of users wouldn't use it.
You could write a post-processing script that does this for you, do you have programming experience?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate