utf-8 error being reported

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Post Reply
ronch808
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: May 22nd, 2012, 1:42 pm

utf-8 error being reported

Post by ronch808 » October 19th, 2019, 6:12 pm

Hi everybody,

So about 2 weeks ago an error started showing up on the main web page that there is a utf-8 error when parsing a URL. The URL happens to be one of my indexing site addresses that has somehow become corrupted. The problem is that I don't know where this configuration file that contains the indexing URL is. The downloads still continue fine and NZB Unity in FireFox seems to be working as well allowing me to one click to add to the SABnzbd queue. The problem is that the error is preventing me from being able to get to the configuration pages. When I try I get the same URL utf-8 parsing error and it hard stops with the error being shown. I can then go back to the main page but as it is right now I can't change my configuration. I don't need to do anything the config at this point but I do need to have this working going forward. So I need to know where the indexing URL's are stored so I can manually fix the corrupted URL.

Here is the error:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OperationalError: Could not decode to UTF-8 column 'stage_log' with text 'Download:::Downloaded in 29 seconds at an average of 11.4 MB/s<br/>Age: 279d
Source:::https://nzb\F0lanet.net/getnzb/<HASH>d
2019-10-19 09:14:33,685::ERROR::[_cplogging:219] [19/Oct/2019:09:14:33]
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/sabnzbd/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 589, in run
self.respond(pi)
File "/usr/share/sabnzbd/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 690, in respond
self.handle_error()
File "/usr/share/sabnzbd/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 767, in handle_error
self.error_response()
File "/usr/share/sabnzbd/cherrypy/_cperror.py", line 394, in set_response
message=self._message)
File "/usr/share/sabnzbd/cherrypy/_cperror.py", line 400, in get_error_page
return get_error_page(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/share/sabnzbd/cherrypy/_cperror.py", line 537, in get_error_page
return result.encode('utf-8')
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xf0 in position 2342: invalid continuation byte
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The error is in the Source line and the "\F0" should be "p" so the URL reads "nzbplanet.net".

Here are the system details:
Latest up to date Centos 7
Intel 12 core proc
32G RAM
FireFox 67.0.4
SABnzbd 2.3.9

Any help locating the file location that contains these URL's would be great.

Thanks in advance,
John

User avatar
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers
Posts: 6776
Joined: January 22nd, 2008, 2:22 pm

Re: utf-8 error being reported

Post by sander » October 20th, 2019, 4:35 pm

Depends how you add (this) NZB to SABnzbd ... . Possible input ways:

as URL via the GUI
via RSS in SABnzbd
via Sonar, radar, sickrage, etc, etc

User avatar
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers
Posts: 912
Joined: February 7th, 2008, 12:45 pm

Re: utf-8 error being reported

Post by jcfp » October 21st, 2019, 7:51 am

Looks like a history entry, probably the history db in ~/.sabnzbd/admin/ (which is an SQLite file, should be possible to edit if you don't want to remove)

ronch808
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: May 22nd, 2012, 1:42 pm

Re: utf-8 error being reported

Post by ronch808 » October 21st, 2019, 11:15 pm

The nzb is added via NZB Unity which is a one-click add-on in FireFox. This does not explain why accessing the config pages is broken. I also checked the history db file and it's not in the file. So this is something else. I also deleted the NZB Unity add-on in FireFox and reinstalled it which had me add all the information back into the add-on so it's all refreshed. Same problem. So it's coming from somewhere else.

Thanks for the help but it's still broken at this point.

ronch808
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: May 22nd, 2012, 1:42 pm

Re: utf-8 error being reported

Post by ronch808 » December 2nd, 2019, 12:41 pm

Ok, so I finally figured this out. The history1.db had the error in it. Somehow the "p" character in nzbplanet.net got changed to "F0". This caused the file when read to error out. This meant that there was no way to be able to get onto the config page as this hard errored out. I was able to see the error in the database when I dumped it but I'm no database person so I was unable to fix it. I guess I could have used a binary editor on it but I just moved the file and let sabnzbd create a new blank one. I have no idea how the character got changed. Anyway, I wanted to close this out with a very workable resolution. Thanks.

Post Reply