Particular usenet server is giving me trouble

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Vittles

Particular usenet server is giving me trouble

Post by Vittles »

Hello all,

Noob here. Before you get angry, I have read the rules, examined the basic settings, and in general sweated long about posting this request for information.

Using latest version (2.3.9) of Sabnzbd
Using Windows 10

My problem is that I have two usenet providers, both of which work excellent when using a simple newsreader like Grabit. However, when using Sabnzbd to download NZB files, only one server works. I think it's safe to mention which which servers I use, I have a Giganews account, and a XSnews account.

Giganews will respond quickly and easily to nearly every NZB file. XSnews will creep along at dial-up speeds until it gets to about 8%, then stop.. for hours.. sometimes telling me the articles are missing, even though they come in with Giganews easily. I always test with recent nzbs, usually just a few weeks old. I have never completed an NZB download of any type with XSnews. When downloading from their server directly with Grabit, I get excellent speeds, years worth of article retention and unlimited bandwidth.

But they won't do NZB files apparently.

So my question is about XSnews. Do they prohibit or block Sabnzbd somehow? Has anyone used XSnews and gotten anything from them? Are they like the worst server or something and I'm the last to know?

Any help is appreciated! Thank you!
Vittles

Re: Particular usenet server is giving me trouble

Post by Vittles »

Update:

I just tested the NZB file with Grabit instead of Sabnzbd. The NZB was cleanly downloaded, all articles present (Sabnzbd told me the articles were missing).

Is this a bug in the software? I would much rather use Sabnzbd if possible.
OneCD

Post by OneCD »

Vittles wrote: October 31st, 2019, 9:19 pm So my question is about XSnews. Do they prohibit or block Sabnzbd somehow? Has anyone used XSnews and gotten anything from them?
XS News are fine, I've been using them for years. Still am. :)

How many connections have you configured to their server in your SABnzbd?
Stuff I like: Apache bash cron DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo-S20 pfSense Python Raspberry-Pi RAID SABnzbd Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE
Vittles

Post by Vittles »

I'm currently using 8, which seems ok with Grabit.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Could you maybe enable +Debug in the Status and Interface settings window, downloading something with just XSnews and see if you see lots of repeating lines related to XSnews?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate