content that is downloaded still works, but it hiccups when playing the content.

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
peklwein

content that is downloaded still works, but it hiccups when playing the content.

Post by peklwein » December 17th, 2019, 7:41 am

hello,
I wondered if anyone else has encountered this problem.
Content is downloaded through SABnzbd
Content is played via Plex Media Center on my PC - usually about 30-45 seconds from starting at the begining, Plex fails and backs out of the video. For this example let's say that this occurs at the 30 second mark. My current solution is to skip over the 30 second mark using the skip option.
Content played through VLC experiences a similar issue: it hangs up on the same spot that Plex backed out during, but VLC pushes through the hangup with only a 4 second delay.
Content played through Plex Android App backs out just like with the Plex Media Center on the PC.
The specific example that I tested these with was using an .mkv file. However I've tested this with .avi files and the same issue occurs.
I've determined that this has to do with SABnzbd because the files have these same problems across multiple computers and devices. I'm currently using astraweb as my provider.I've changed the name of the content in order to avoid breaking rule #1.

Thanks
Walmartone
Last edited by peklwein on December 18th, 2019, 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: content that is downloaded still works, but it hiccups when playing the content.

Post by jcfp » December 17th, 2019, 9:32 am

That is not how usenet works. Sabnzbd neither knows nor cares about the content of the files it downloads. All it has to go on is an nzb telling it to order a bunch of bits and bytes from your server(s), do some verification and sanity checks, and write the result to disk. The resulting files are bit by bit identical to whatever was uploaded to Usenet. Whether or not the rest of your setup (media center, video player, etc.) can handle these files is out of scope of the downloader.

safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: content that is downloaded still works, but it hiccups when playing the content.

Post by safihre » December 19th, 2019, 11:23 am

Sometimes I've seen this happen on NZB's that don't have any verification data. They just have 1 single file inside them, the video.
This way SABnzbd will try to download all the files, but indeed it has no way to verify if the file was correct!