Understanding Wiki Article

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
CaptCrunch

Understanding Wiki Article

Post by CaptCrunch »

Hello, I am looking for assistance in understanding this article. I followed, wiki Windows Service install guide. Installed the service elevated the account to an local admin on the Windows vm and Sab starts fine and the web interface is accessible.

Where I am running into a problem is that it specifically sates to use UNC Paths. "NOTE When using network shares with the SABnzbd service, you must use network (UNC) paths (\\server\share) instead of drive letters (P:\)." When I try to map these the \\server\\share, I can view the files located in the share but it gives me an error on save "UNC path "\\server\share\" not allowed here.

Just looking to find out if this not supported with Windows service or is their a work around from this error message.

Thank you
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Understanding Wiki Article

Post by safihre »

No, it's just not allowed as your Temporary Directory. This is to prevent you from creating a very slow setup.
If you put your Temporary Directory on a NAS: you download every byte to your PC, send it to the NAS, then transfer it back to your PC to extract and then send it back to the NAS for final storage. This would be very slow.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
CaptCrunch

Re: Understanding Wiki Article

Post by CaptCrunch »

Thank you for the information.