Secondary Server Not Saving to Config.INI?

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
chuckmehle

Secondary Server Not Saving to Config.INI?

Post by chuckmehle »

I have SABNZBD running on my Synology NAS (1019+).

I wanted to add a secondary news server to it == so I went through the process and hit TEST which worked and then save.

When I went back to the main screen, I saw a message that it failed to log on to the new news server.

I went back several times and although the TEST of the new server info works fine, when you save it it does not appear to save the login credentials.

I have come to the conclusion that it didnt write the config.ini file, but rather tested with the credentials on the screen at the time.

Although I think I have figured out the problem, the solution seems to escape me.

How can I get SAB to properly write the config.ini file to save the sever credentials?

Has anyone seen this issue before on a synology?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Secondary Server Not Saving to Config.INI?

Post by safihre »

It could be that your sabnzbd.ini isn't writable. Are you able to save any other settings?
Indeed when it fails to logon, it doesn't save it. Are you sure you add the details correctly?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
chuckmehle

Re: Secondary Server Not Saving to Config.INI?

Post by chuckmehle »

Thank you... I ended up deleting that server entry and putting it back in a it is working fine now.

Appreciate it.