Map downloads folder from NAS on Ubuntu VM

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Miroresh

Map downloads folder from NAS on Ubuntu VM

Post by Miroresh »

Hi guys,

I have the following setup:

Qnap hosts my Download, Temp and Multimedia (where I store the files) folders.
Qnap also virtualizes a Ubuntu 18.04 VM.
folder path is "smb://NASNAME.local/completeddownloads" and "smb://NASNAME.local/tempdownload"
Shared folders above are mounted to the VM and VM can read/write to folders with permanent permissions
SAB is installed in said VM and its available on my main PC via 192.168.1.xxx:8080 port/IP

Issue:

When I'm trying to edit the Temporary Download folder or the Completed Download folder via the UI, the NAS mapped folders are not displayed as an option.
How can I map/present these network folders to SAB?

Thanks in advance, apologies for the newb question and I checked but couldn't find a related issue. :)
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Map downloads folder from NAS on Ubuntu VM

Post by sander »

Miroresh wrote: May 15th, 2020, 3:26 pm When I'm trying to edit the Temporary Download folder or the Completed Download folder via the UI, the NAS mapped folders are not displayed as an option.
From Ubuntu, first mount them (and make sure it's writable!). After that, SABnzbd can see them and use them.

For example, on my Ubuntu, I've mounted my synology NAS like this, viewable via "mount" command:

Code: Select all

//192.168.1.1/downloads on /media/diskstation type cifs
Note: mounting a NAS under Linux is medium difficult, because of writing rights.
jrjong

Re: Map downloads folder from NAS on Ubuntu VM

Post by jrjong »

sander wrote: May 15th, 2020, 10:59 pm
Miroresh wrote: May 15th, 2020, 3:26 pm When I'm trying to edit the Temporary Download folder or the Completed Download folder via the UI, the NAS mapped folders are not displayed as an option.
From Ubuntu, first mount them (and make sure it's writable!). After that, SABnzbd can see them and use them.

For example, on my Ubuntu, I've mounted my synology NAS like this, viewable via "mount" command:

Code: Select all

//192.168.1.1/downloads on /media/diskstation type cifs
Note: mounting a NAS under Linux is medium difficult, because of writing rights.
Thanks for the help sander. Will definaly try this and update you the output.