config file wiped, now slow downloads

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Dr_Pips

config file wiped, now slow downloads

Post by Dr_Pips »

Hi All,

I've been running SAB for years and very few problems. I've been doing some maintenance on my PC and when I restarted, I was getting an error message saying that the config file was not valid (or something like that). I went through the tutorial again, and got everything set up pretty much as I remember, but I must be missing something as the speeds have gone from 3.5MB/s to 500 KB/s. I'm guessing there's a simple setting that I haven't sorted, but can't for the life of me remember what it was.

One possibility is the server. I use Astraweb, and I've set up the news.astraweb.com. Should I set up the eu one and us one as well? I'm in the UK. Also, not sure what I should have connections and ports set to.

Thanks for your help,
Dom
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: config file wiped, now slow downloads

Post by safihre »

You added astraweb using the wizard? Then these should already be the right settings for port and connections.
On 1 connection I can get 4MB/s, so the number doesn't really matter.
You could try to enable SSL since I have understood that some UK providers slow down usenet traffic.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate