Missing articles & repair files on 1st priority server, 2nd not used automatically

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
mysabqtaa20

Re: Missing articles & repair files on 1st priority server, 2nd not used automatically

Post by mysabqtaa20 »

No, I'm on newsreader2 and you can't connect to a different server (1 or 3) - unfortunately.
I've also heard a couple of days ago, that a failed download on person 1 didn't fail at person 2 hours later. So either they reloaded the articles themself on error, so that future downloads didn't break or they used a different newsreaderX.server as you suggested.

Yesterday I found this, where it looks like Speedium found an error on their end regarding CRC:
https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/comment ... a_updates/

Not sure if this "error" will occur with their changes now, but if it will, I would revive this topic...?
Redux

Re: Missing articles & repair files on 1st priority server, 2nd not used automatically

Post by Redux »

This title EXACTLY describes a problem I have off and on. It hasn't happened often enough for me to do a real analysis because the solution is so simple, but I'm certainly going to watch this thread with interest.

I get a failed download because of missing articles. I just go into my settings and make all my servers priority zero. I retry and the download completes successfully. Then I reset all my servers back to their original priority. I've just accepted this as a way of life and it's no big deal, but again I will watch this with interest.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

@Redux which providers do you use? What does it show in the history for the statistics?

Can you switch your logging to +Debug in the status and Interface settings window and then after it happens again check the logs what the errors were for the missing articles? Was it CRC problems?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Redux

Post by Redux »

"which providers do you use?"

In Priority order:

Frugal US 0 Subscription

Frugal EU1 1 Sub

Frugal Bonus 2 Sub

Frugal EU2 3 Sub

Xsusenet 4 Free Sub

Blocknews US 5 Block

Blocknews EU 6 Block

Usenet Farm 7 Block

Tweaknews 8 Block

Cheapnnews 9 Block

Free-usenet 10 Block

"What does it show in the history for the statistics?"

In normal Priority, Servers beyond 0 get little or no activity. Most of my problems are with very old movies or tv shows (expected because Frugal had shallow retention). When I temporarily set all to 0 Priority, only a tiny bit of activity goes beyond Frugal, but again that's expected because there are usually only a few pieces missing.

Again, I have done zero analysis because I don't regard this as a serious problem: just setting a few or even all Servers temporarily to 0 Priority virtually always gets me the download. I will activate debugging and do my homework on this, though the problems are so rare I'm not going to get results any time soon.

I'm just interested in the topic theoretically.