Webpage problem: ERR_UNSAFE_PORT

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Webpage problem: ERR_UNSAFE_PORT

Post by sander »

gthomas04 wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 3:24 am Using Microsft Edge on Windows 10 - very vanilla I am :)

EDIT: do you see the SAB log in right low corner, possible after clicking on the up-arrow for hidden pictograms? Right-click on it, select Troubleshoot, then "Restart on 127.0.0.1:8080"

OLD

OK, Windows. Do you have MS IE, can you IE to access the page? If so, you can then in the SABnzbd GUI change to port 8080.

If not, stop SABnzbd.exe (via Process Explorer?), open a CMD, go to the directory containing sabnzbd.exe, and start it with "sabnzbd.exe -s 0.0.0.0:8080 -b1", and you should be fine.
gthomas04

Post by gthomas04 »

followed the last suggestion - came up with the same error message - it cannot seem to get rid of port 556
gthomas04

Post by gthomas04 »

Problem solved - finally got rid of all settings during a delete - downloaded and am back to the beginning. My thanks to all who assisted
OneCD

Post by OneCD »

I think I misunderstood when you said “away it went”. ???

I took this to mean you had “fixed” the problem when you downloaded and installed the latest version.

I now think you were describing the ease of the installation process. My apologies.
Stuff I like: Apache bash cron DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo-S20 pfSense Python Raspberry-Pi RAID SABnzbd Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE