ERROR Messages on Mac: "Error removing /Users/(MyName)/Downloads/AutoNZB-XXXXX.nzb"

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
thebatangman

ERROR Messages on Mac: "Error removing /Users/(MyName)/Downloads/AutoNZB-XXXXX.nzb"

Post by thebatangman »

I have been receiving the following 2 error messages recently, which never happened before - "Error removing /Users/(MyName)/Downloads/AutoNZB-XXXXX.nzb" and "Failed making /Users/(MyName)/Downloads/Incomplete/AutoNZB-XXXXX.nzb"

I am running this application on Safari 12.2.1 on Mac OS Sierra. The SAB version I have is 2.3.9. As mentioned, I have not had any issues until recently. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: ERROR Messages on Mac

Post by safihre »

This usually indicates a permissions problem. Updates of macOS sometimes cause this.
Double check that the SABnzbd application has full permission to access Downloads and all the sub-folders.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
thebatangman

Re: ERROR Messages on Mac: "Error removing /Users/(MyName)/Downloads/AutoNZB-XXXXX.nzb"

Post by thebatangman »

Thank you for coming back so quickly.

Sorry about this but I am a novice when it comes to this. How do I go about checking the permissions?

Thanks again.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: ERROR Messages on Mac: "Error removing /Users/(MyName)/Downloads/AutoNZB-XXXXX.nzb"

Post by safihre »

Does it help if you shutdown SABnzbd and start it again? Or just restart your device?
You can right click the Downloads folder and then pick something like Show Information, in the bottom is the permissions section.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
thebatangman

Post by thebatangman »

i have tried shutting down SAB and rebooting but unfortunately, it doesn't work. I have tried to past my logs here but the message boards detect URLs in the logs. Lastly, the permissions set to the Complete and Incomplete folders is set at Read and Write at the User Level. I am at wits end.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Do you have a virusscanner maybe?
thebatangman

Post by thebatangman »

I have an anti virus software running in the background. How does that affect the performance? I have had this anti virus software running together with SABnzbd concurrently with no issues. I just tried deleting the software, download a new one and installed it but that didn't work.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

It could be that the antivirus is blocking the removal of the file, because it is still scanning it.
Maybe you can exclude /Users/(MyName)/Downloads from being scanned?