Cannot log into SABnzbd

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Ropie58

Cannot log into SABnzbd

Post by Ropie58 »

Hi guys,

I had to make a clean install on my Windows 10 Home computer. Once done, I again wanted to reinstall SABnzbd and of course using my username and password which were provided to me by my Usenet server: I-Telligent. nl. However, the username and/or (the combination of?) the password seem not to be accepted anymore. That is, inside the settings I had to fill in the required fields with my username and password as well, and after saving my settings, the program restarted and showed me its Login screen which naturally required filling in my username and password. After that a red square appeared on the screes which said (in Dutch): "Login error. Please check your username and password." And believe me, I did that a thousand times!

Does any of you have an idea why my Login settings are no longer accepted or what I am probably missing here? Could it be caused by the clean install? I mean, could it be that SABnzdb does not accept my reinstalled SSD anymore in combination with my (old?) username and password, as in: they should be renewed?

I also tried installing SABnzdb with my first and "original" version (SABnzbd-2.3.1) as well as the latest version (SABnzbd-2.3.9). But nothing works.

I hope you guys can help me out here. I posted in English, hoping for a greater reach, but if your answer would be in Dutch, it would be just as perfect.

Looking forward to your reply.

Cheers!!

Robert. 😉
OneCD

Re: Cannot log into SABnzbd

Post by OneCD »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

You're confusing the SABnzbd UI login with the Usenet server login for I-Telligent. ;)

• Your UI login is typically set as something like: [admin:password] and is known only to you.
  • Your Usenet server login details are emailed to you from the Usenet service provider (I-Telligent). Once you've logged into SABnzbd, navigate to the SABnzbd config pages, then add a new server and include the details shown in the email.
Stuff I like: Apache bash cron DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo-S20 pfSense Python Raspberry-Pi RAID SABnzbd Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE
Ropie58

Post by Ropie58 »

Hi,

I already posted a comment (Cannot log into SABnzdb-2) on your reply that I was still confused, but now I can tell you that after surfing some more on the internet, it finally hit me what you said. So now, I'm glad to inform you that I did see where I went wrong. Everything is working just fine again.

Thanks for your help. 👍

Cheers!

Robert. 😉
OneCD

Post by OneCD »

No worries Robert. :)
Stuff I like: Apache bash cron DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo-S20 pfSense Python Raspberry-Pi RAID SABnzbd Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE