Path to NAS (Mac -> QNAP)

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Ahrhome

Path to NAS (Mac -> QNAP)

Post by Ahrhome »

Hi guys.
Need your help.
Sabnzbd is installed on iMac and works no problem at all
What I want is all downloads to be sent to my QNAP Nas,how do I do that,that my destination folder would be on Nas.
Step by step would be great,do I have to mount via terminal something.
Please help in details.
Thank you in advance.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Path to NAS (Mac -> QNAP)

Post by sander »

From your Mac, can you access your NAS from your file browser?

If so: fill out that directory / path in SABnzbd "Incomplete"

If not, this is not the place to ask for help: not a SAB problem.
Ahrhome

Post by Ahrhome »

Hi Sander.
Thanks for your help.
Yes,I can access my Nas from my iMac via server,in the finder NAS is there too,and I can see folders that on my Nas:
Download
Downloads
Public
Web
What do I wright as a path
My Nas ip is 192.168.1.13
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

OK, then go to http://127.0.0.1:8080/sabnzbd/config/folders/ to "Completed Download Folder" ... click on Browse, and walk to the directory on your NAS, and click on Accept.

Done.
Ahrhome

Post by Ahrhome »

Does not work Sander.
I did put in Completed Download Folder this:
smb:192.168.1.13/Downloads/Complete
and nothing...
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Ahrhome wrote: July 16th, 2020, 11:56 am Does not work Sander.
I did put in Completed Download Folder this:
smb:192.168.1.13/Downloads/Complete
and nothing...
I said " click on Browse, and walk to the directory on your NAS,". Walk. Not type / "put in".
Ahrhome

Post by Ahrhome »

Sander,i did walk to Nas derictory,and this is it smb:192.168.1.13/Downloads/Complete,but when i download and check the Complete folder,nothing is there.
I don't get it!
I can see all the folders on my NAS from Imac and Media streamer,but for some reason SABnzbd is giving me trouble to pick destination folder,i am putting right folder info,but no go.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

It must be mounted on the Mac file system, with the resulting path to be something like /some/where/on/your/filesystem/directory. Only then SABnzbd can use it.

It is Mac specific how to do that. I don't know Mac
Ahrhome

Post by Ahrhome »

Anybody with mac and Nas configuration can help me.
Thanks
OneCD

Post by OneCD »

Ahrhome wrote: July 16th, 2020, 9:00 am Sabnzbd is installed on iMac and works no problem at all
What I want is all downloads to be sent to my QNAP Nas,how do I do that,that my destination folder would be on Nas.
Step by step would be great,do I have to mount via terminal something.
Unless there exists a macOS browser plugin (for Safari) that can access the SABnzbd API, I think you'll need to use the SABnzbd 'watched' folder.

Suggest creating a new folder under QNAP's 'Download' share called 'watched'. Then login to SAB, go to the configuration pages -> Folders -> Watched Folder. Set the watched folder path as [/share/Download/watched].

Then you'll be able to access 'watched' via your iMac by first navigating to the 'Download' share. Save your downloaded nzbs into this location from your web-browser. SAB will automatically import them and commence downloading.
Stuff I like: Apache bash cron DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo-S20 pfSense Python Raspberry-Pi RAID SABnzbd Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE
Ahrhome

Post by Ahrhome »

Nothing works,i am ready to give up on this.Whatever i download it does not endup on NAS.There is has to be some easy way,because manually i can transfer files from mac to this nas,no problem,so something is wrong with this app...
OneCD

Post by OneCD »

Ahrhome wrote: July 16th, 2020, 4:18 pm Nothing works ...
What doesn't work? Do you know how to select the NAS as a download location in your web-browser?
Ahrhome wrote: July 16th, 2020, 4:18 pm ... i am ready to give up on this.
Don't whine. If you want help, please state exactly what you've done so-far.
Ahrhome wrote: July 16th, 2020, 4:18 pm ... so something is wrong with this app...
Your lack-of-detail suggests the problem is user-error. ;)
Stuff I like: Apache bash cron DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo-S20 pfSense Python Raspberry-Pi RAID SABnzbd Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE
Ahrhome

Post by Ahrhome »

Just like I said,I have sabnzbd installed on my mac,it works no problems,downloads everything to its own hdd,I need to send downloads to Nas.My mac and media streamer connect just fine to Nas and I can see all the folders and files there.
I can go to sabnzbd in browser to 192.168.1.15:8080 just fine,but the path to destination folder on Nas is wrong.The correct destination path to Nas is 192.168.1.13/Download/complete
But it does not work.
That's where I stuck.
OneCD

Post by OneCD »

The SABnzbd application on your iMac is entirely different to the SABnzbd application installed on your NAS. They don't work the same way.

The macOS installation probably includes the ability to send items directly into the SABnzbd queue as a full graphical desktop environment is available. You don't get this ability when SABnzbd is installed on a remote device (like your NAS) as most NAS don't support desktop environments.

If you want this to work, you'll need to make some compromises.

Let's start with saving files from your browser. I'll assume you're using Safari. When you save a file, can you save it to the 'Download' share on your NAS? Please post a screenshot to show what happens.

Note: this step does not involve navigating to the SABnzbd UI. ;)
Ahrhome

Post by Ahrhome »

Sabnzbd is installed on my mac.
Downloads work just fine, What I need is right path to Completed Download Folder in the the sabnzbd settings
This is my Nas address
smb://192.168.1.15/Download/complete ,no downloads end up in here.