From Ubuntu to Synology via CIFS - Permission Problems?

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
David1024

From Ubuntu to Synology via CIFS - Permission Problems?

Post by David1024 »

Apologies in advance for another permissions topic. I've searched hard!

I'm running linuxserver sabnzb container on a NUC computer connected to my Synology NAS via CIFS. The NUC runs Ubuntu 20.04.

I can download fine if the download location is the NUC. The problem occurs when I'm downloading to the Synology.

Code: Select all

OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/synology/Downloads/incomplete/test_download_100MB/__ADMIN__'
What's surprising to me is that it's been able to create the test_download_100MB folder but fails when it tries to make the __ADMIN__ subfolder. I notice that the /synology/Downloads/incomplete/ folder (created by me) has full permissions for Owner, Group and Others whereas the sabnzb-created folder test_download_100MB does not have write access for Group or Others. I suspect it relates to this.

Can anyone help me configure sabnzdb so that it sets the folder permissions properly?

Thanks in advance.
David1024

Re: From Ubuntu to Synology via CIFS - Permission Problems?

Post by David1024 »

SOLVED!

Nothing to do with sabnzdb. The problem was that I wasn't setting uid and gid on when mounting the network drive using cifs. The working line in fstab is.

Code: Select all

//pogstation/synology  /home/david1024/synology  cifs  credentials=/home/david1024/.smbcredentials,uid=1000,gid=1000,iocharset=utf8,,vers=1.0,sec=ntlm  0  0