Page 1 of 1

Downloads are complete but not unpacking

Posted: August 17th, 2020, 3:48 pm
by HGC12229
Download is moved from Queue to History and indicates Repair is needed, but is is fine. I am able to unpack successfully. This is a passworded file and I have
supplied the correct password before starting the download. It would be nice if this worked as smoothly as in previous versions. I have saved the log info from the beginning of the download till the end in case that would help. Since most other files download and unpack successfully, I am believing it has something to do with the password.

Re: Downloads are complete but not unpacking

Posted: August 18th, 2020, 3:47 pm
by safihre
Could you share the log, for example using pastebin?
I assume you are using 3.0.1?

Re: Downloads are complete but not unpacking

Posted: August 19th, 2020, 8:07 am
by HGC12229
I am using SAB 3.0.0

Pastebin link: https://pastebin.com/cgpJ3sq1

Thanks

Re: Downloads are complete but not unpacking

Posted: August 19th, 2020, 9:16 am
by safihre
Was this a job that was retried or do you have Check before download turned on?
Sounds like https://github.com/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/issues/1575

Re: Downloads are complete but not unpacking

Posted: August 19th, 2020, 10:36 am
by HGC12229
I did have Check Before Download turned on. I turned it off and tried downloading a couple of jobs. One worked properly and one said failed even though it had properly downloaded all the parts.

I checked your referenced article (1575) and it appears to apply in my case. Since you plan to fix the problem in an upcoming release, I plan to live with it until then.

And, speaking of new releases, I am running 3.0.0 and it looks like you have 3.0.1 available. I have set my option to be notified of new releases to ON but I have not seen any notification. Am I missing something?

Thanks for the speedy support. It is greatly appreciated.

Re: Downloads are complete but not unpacking

Posted: August 19th, 2020, 3:11 pm
by safihre
Yes, it will be part of 3.0.2.
It only checks for new releases once a week or when you restart SABnzbd.
When you using packaged-versions of SABNzbd, like on Linux, they might have removed the update check.

Re: Downloads are complete but not unpacking

Posted: October 15th, 2020, 7:12 pm
by oldgrumpy
I am using 3.0.2 under Linux Mint. In the last month none of the downloads are unpacking. Looking at the completed dir the par2 and rar files are all there. I can run unrar x {rar part one} and it unpacks it correctly. Any ideas?

Re: Downloads are complete but not unpacking

Posted: October 15th, 2020, 11:30 pm
by sander
How do you add to SAB: via the GUI, or via Sonarr/Radarr, or RSS?

Re: Downloads are complete but not unpacking

Posted: October 17th, 2020, 9:00 am
by oldgrumpy
sander wrote:
October 15th, 2020, 11:30 pm
How do you add to SAB: via the GUI, or via Sonarr/Radarr, or RSS?
Using Sonarr V3. Just moved over from Sickbeard which also had the same problem before I switched.

Re: Downloads are complete but not unpacking

Posted: October 17th, 2020, 1:37 pm
by sander
Then Sonarr could be setting the download to just Download (and no unpacking). While something is downloading, on that line, on the right, there is a small drop down arror. Click on it ... what does the third item (Post Processing) say?

And

In SABnzbd's upper right corner, click on the wrench symbol ("Status and interface options"), then click on first tab Status, and there click on "Test download" 100MB or 1000MB.
What is the result? Unpacked, or not?

Re: Downloads are complete but not unpacking

Posted: October 21st, 2020, 7:43 am
by oldgrumpy
Sorry for ghosting you. Went out of town and I cannot access SABnzbd outside my home.

Not much being dowloaded lately. I did find in the Categories section of config I only have them set Download. I changed them to +unpack last night and this morning and Sonar had picked the ".mkv" file. The source files were still in the completed folder.

In Config I changed the Default Processing to +Delete. and all the others to Default. I do think the the problem all along, had the Categories set incorrectly. Something may have changed between my old version and the newer 3.0.2 or I inadvertently changed it. Now I just have to figure out why I can only access the web page in the server and not anywhere else. SABnzbd is listening on the port, port is opened in the firewall and I have the router set to forward requests to it, yet everything says the port is closed.

Thanks Sander for sending me in the right direction!