SABnzbd 3.0.1 & previous configuration

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
bingiman

SABnzbd 3.0.1 & previous configuration

Post by bingiman »

Good evening,

I am just wondering if I can get some assistance with the latest version. I've always been able to just upgrade SAB on my Windows 32bit, but I understand that there is only the 64bit installer. What I am trying to find out is this. If I use the Standalone version, how can I use my old configuration Since 2.1.0? I would hate to lose all my logs, as well as having to re-enter all the configuration info.

I appreciate any help I can get with this.

Regards,

Bingiman.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: SABnzbd 3.0.1 & previous configuration

Post by safihre »

If you unpack the zip file and just run SABnzbd.exe it will automatically pick up your configuration.
Assuming you have it in the default location in your Users folder :) Unless you did something very specific, it will be in default location.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
bingiman

Post by bingiman »

Thank you safihre. That worked perfectly.

Regards,

Bingiman
clowg

Post by clowg »

So this method doesn't seem to upgrade the 2.x version which in my case is installed in C:\Program Files\SABnzbd.
It runs fine when you execute SABnzbd.exe from the extracted RAR file, but this won't survive a reboot.
Is there a way to upgrade the 32-bit install in 'C:\Program Files\SABnzbd' from the Stand Alone RAR file?

Thanks for all the hard work to bring SAB to Python 3.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

The install location shouldn't matter. It uses system variables to detect the folder, no matter where it is started from.
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\sabnzbd

So emptying the SABnzbd folder in Program Files and then extracting the new file in that folder should work.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate