Synology Permission Issue since update

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
FonduemangVI

Synology Permission Issue since update

Post by FonduemangVI »

Since updating SABnzbd to V3.0.1-42 I have been getting a an error of "Cannot change permissions of /volume1/Vault130/Downloads/incomplete" I haven't made any changes to permissions since updating and everything was working fine before the update. Now SABnzbd keeps reloading itself.

From the log file I have found:
ERROR::[filesystem:491] Cannot change permissions of /volume1/Vault130/Downloads/incomplete
PermissionError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/volume1/Vault130/Downloads/incomplete'

I have tried manually setting the sc-sabnzbd account with full read right of the incomplete directory with no success and also tried running the chmod -R 777 command on the folder with no luck either.

I have also double checked the existing permissions and it looks fine as far as I can tell

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Synology Permission Issue since update

Post by safihre »

Best of probably to finish al downloads, stop sabnzbd, then manually remove the Incomplete folder. Sabnzbd will then creat it on startup with the right permissions.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
FonduemangVI

Post by FonduemangVI »

Unfortunately I currently have a large amount of pending downloads so was hoping to avoid this but I cannot even finish the downloads atm given the permission error. I take it I may not have any choice?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Sine it says operation not permitted, I would verify if the sc-sabnzbd maybe can be given more permissions for the folder.
You can do this through the DSM interface on the main Incomplete folder, make sure to also check the box to apply permissions to sub folders. Allow sc-download everything basically. Worth a try.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
FonduemangVI

Post by FonduemangVI »

Have done your first suggestion after trying some more.

It did recreate the folder with sc-sabnzbd but also sabnzbd with permissions which I find strange but that should fix it I guess. Thanks for all your help
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Indeed a bit strange, could be due to the way the new Synology package works. It has some legacy permisions stuff removed that shouldn't be needed anymore.. Maybe it is.