indication which server is being downloaded from?

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
coyote2

indication which server is being downloaded from?

Post by coyote2 »

Is there some way to know what parts of the download in progress are coming from each of my servers?

Often, if too much of a download needs to come from my backup aka 'fill' ("1") server (a block account) instead of from my primary ("0") server (an unlimited account), I want to immediately know to manually halt it. So I very much want to be able to see this info on my Queue instead of in going into Settings|Servers (which doesn't exactly offer realtime info), because I keep an eye on downloads while I'm busy around my apartment.

(At first I hoped that the green progress bar corresponded with the green priority bar on the servers tab, but it appears not.)

While I have extensive usenet downloading experience (Newsbin Pro on Windoze), I'm a noob on Linux Mint 19.2 Xfce where I was grateful to be able to install SABnzbd+ 2.3.2 [1cac579] from the OS' own Software Manager.
OneCD

Re: indication which server is being downloaded from?

Post by OneCD »

Hi and welcome to the forum. :)
coyote2 wrote: September 15th, 2020, 10:57 pm Is there some way to know what parts of the download in progress are coming from each of my servers?
Yes!

When viewing the main download queue:
  1. click on the wrench icon near the top-right of the UI ("Status and interface options"),
  2. click the 'Connections' tab in the new dialog window that appears,
  3. ensure the "Show active connections" box is ticked.
If a download is in-progress, this tab will show which articles are being processed from your different Usenet providers.
Stuff I like: Apache bash cron DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo-S20 pfSense Python Raspberry-Pi RAID SABnzbd Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE
coyote2

Post by coyote2 »

Thank you very much OneCD, that is useful, wow!

At the moment it's maxing out the 20 connections I set for both servers. Er, I think. Does it displaying a connection mean it's succeeding in grabbing an article or just trying to and perhaps finding it's absent? (By "being processed" it sounds like you might mean the former.)

It's a little too purely realtime to be as useful as the varying colored stripes Newsbin shows to give a visual picture of how much has been downloaded so far from each server. But it certainly appears to give more realtime info. (Though from Newsbin I know that it's overall visual picture is more meaningful than any given moment; the parts that get pulled down have quite varying patterns.)

In other words, I cherish that with Newsbin I don't have to constantly watch it, because past info persists.

OTOH, I also cherish that the good people who made the superb SABnzbd did so out of the goodness of their hearts.
OneCD

Post by OneCD »

coyote2 wrote: September 15th, 2020, 11:42 pm Does it displaying a connection mean it's succeeding in grabbing an article or just trying to and perhaps finding it's absent? (By "being processed" it sounds like you might mean the former.)
It means SABnzbd is trying to grab it. If it succeeds, you'll see that article sit in the server download queue for a short time as it completes - how long depends on your download speed.

If you have server priorities setup, and the first server fails, that article will move progressively down the server list as it's tried on each of the other suitable servers (i.e. if a server further down the list has less retention than required, it won't be tried).
Stuff I like: Apache bash cron DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo-S20 pfSense Python Raspberry-Pi RAID SABnzbd Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE
coyote2

Post by coyote2 »

Thank you very much!
colbymauricio

Post by colbymauricio »

OneCD wrote: September 15th, 2020, 11:18 pm Hi and welcome to the forum. :)
coyote2 wrote: September 15th, 2020, 10:57 pm Is there some way to know what parts of the download in progress are coming from each of my servers?
Yes!

When viewing the main download queue:
  1. click on the wrench icon near the top-right of the UI ("Status and interface options"),
  2. click the 'Connections' tab in the new dialog window that appears,
  3. ensure the "Show active connections" box is ticked.
If a download is in-progress, this tab will show which articles are being processed from your different Usenet providers.
Thank you very much OneCD!