Change folder for unpacking

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
pageyboy

Change folder for unpacking

Post by pageyboy »

I use a mac and iFlicks to process my completed files from SAbnzbd and put them in iTunes. So iFlicks watches the completed foler from SABnzbd. SABnzbd unpacks the files in the completed folder instead of doing this in the temporary folder. Is there any way to change this so my completed folder only has the unpacked file thats ready to be used? If not iFlicks picks up two files to be processed before SABnzbd deletes the temporary files that are being unpacked.

Thanks.
pageyboy

Re: Change folder for unpacking

Post by pageyboy »

It would seem everything gets dowloaded to the temp folder and then unpacked into the completed folder on my end. I just can't find a setting to only have the final file in the completed folder.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

The complete folder of course only has the final unpacked file. While unpacking, the folder is called _unpack_ so it can be ignored by the software.
Otherwise, you could also use the Config Specials setting marker_file which places a file with the specified name in the folder while it is still working in it. Some software support this, for example by setting it to ".nomedia".
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
pageyboy

Post by pageyboy »

Thanks for the response.

What does this do exactly and what setting do you recommend to be changed exactly?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

You'll need to check with iFlicks what setting it understands. Check if there is a way to exclude folders, either based on pattern (so to exclude _unpack_), or this marker file.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
pageyboy

Post by pageyboy »

Thanks for that. Will do.