Unknown exception while running par2_repair, see logfile

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
pontypool

Unknown exception while running par2_repair, see logfile

Post by pontypool »

ive got this since upgrading... i did search the forums here and saw it mentioned, but no solution? whats going on??? i even tried downgrading to a previous version, but when i press ok after adding my server it has a different error

500 Internal error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Powered by CherryPy 2.2.1

what can i do now?? use newsleecher :(
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Unknown exception while running par2_repair, see logfile

Post by shypike »

Just posting complaints in this way is not very useful.
Please explain more about your situation.
Operating System? Do you run Python sources, if so what do Python and what modules did you install?
Can you send logfiles (zipped!) to [email protected].
meekell

Post by meekell »

I had the same problem and figured it out by enabling cherry logging in the configuration file. I attempted to log on and received the error. Checking the cherrypy.log file I noticed that cherrypy was having problems with a cookie (setCookieError: Illegal key value: loginPanel:loginForm:username). Clearing that cookie solved the problem.
BiohazrD

Post by BiohazrD »

Got a problem like this myself.

2008-02-25 00:13:11,671::INFO::[assembler] Creating directory: C:\Documents and Settings\name\My Documents\downloads\incomplete\file.1
2008-02-25 00:13:11,687::ERROR::[assembler] Creating directory C:\Documents and Settings\name\My Documents\downloads\incomplete\file.1 failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "sabnzbd\assembler.pyo", line 391, in get_unique_path
WindowsError: [Error 183] Cannot create a file when that file already exists: 'C:\\Documents and Settings\\name\\My Documents\\downloads\\incomplete\\file'

It either never saved the data in the first place (and it sure as shit used the bandwidth), or deleted the files. What an excellent use of 2 hours.

Here, I wrote some logic that you can use in the next version, free of charge: If the file is checked and extracted sucessfully, delete the .par2 and .rar files. If it doesn't, don't delete the files.

Also, make logging on a per-file/NZB basis.

rascalli edit : no need to curse , people are doing the best they can , but unfortunately they cannot please everyone at the same time. So please post a request for feature you would like to see in sabnzbd+
Last edited by rascalli on February 25th, 2008, 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Which version of SABnzbd do you use, is it 0.3.0 ?

This error should be fixed in 0.3.1.

If you are using 0.3.1, could you please send the zipped logfiles to [email protected] ?

(Logging per job is difficult, due to the overlapping of jobs).

Release 0.3.2 will have an option to prevent any post-processing (including removal of par files)
when verification fails.
Last edited by shypike on February 25th, 2008, 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.