Can't access SABnzbd (Linux, Asustor NAS)

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
JeremyCreekit

Can't access SABnzbd (Linux, Asustor NAS)

Post by JeremyCreekit »

I realise that this is an incredibly generic post but hopefully someone can help me figure out how to get SABnzbd working again. About a week ago, I stopped being able to access SABnzbd on my NAS via other devices (all other apps still work). I get a "This site can't be reached" error in my browser using port 8088.

I am not a native Linux user, although my Asustor NAS is Linux-based. I am currently using v2.3.9 (it's the version available in the Asustor app store).

I've tried the following things to fix this:

SOLUTION 1
I've tried removing the .pid file and restarting the app via SSH (but no luck).

SOLUTION 2
I've tried rolling back my version to v2.3.8 with these steps (but no luck):

1. Navigate to "[path]//Download//SABnzbd//log" and create the file called NO_UPGRADE:
2. Navigate to "[path]//.@plugins//AppCentral//sabnzbdplus//sabnzbdplus" and checkout a previous sabnzbd 2 version (I went from 2.3.9 to 2.3.8)
3. Stop and start sabnzbdplus using "AppCentral" (the Asustor app store)

Any further advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

P.S. I wanted to post the specific commands and paths that I used above but the forum won't let new users post URLs and they recognise the paths as URLs.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Can't access SABnzbd (Linux, NAS)

Post by sander »

Checks:

Is SABnzbd running at all on your NAS. Check with something like "sudo ps -ef | grep -i sabnzbd" or any process manager.
If it is running, on which port? If you can access sabnzbd.log, search for "web-interface":

$ cat ~/.sabnzbd/logs/sabnzbd.log | grep web-interface
2020-10-05 16:30:45,067::INFO::[sabnzbdplus:1421] Starting web-interface on 0.0.0.0:8080
JeremyCreekit

Post by JeremyCreekit »

Thanks for the quick response. This is very frustrating - I can't post any terminal commands, outputs or screenshots because they are all recognised as URLs by the forum software (even if I try to mask them), which new users aren't allowed to post ???

I tried pasting the commands here and escaping/removing slahes. I tried posting a link to a pastbin log output and i tried embedding screenshots hosted on a image upload site. All are blocked so I'm not sure how to proceed...
JeremyCreekit

Post by JeremyCreekit »

FYI I ran the check to see if SABnzbd is running and I think it implied that it is not:

Code: Select all

sudo ps -ef | grep -i sabnzbd
13326 admin      0:00 grep -i sabnzbd

sudo ps -ef | grep -i sabnzbdplus
13487 admin      0:00 grep -i sabnzbdplus
I then tried to restart the app with the below command (I've had to replace . with [dot] to get around forum filters):

/usr/local/AppCentral/sabnzbdplus/CONTROL/start-stop[dot]sh restart
Log outputs from the restart seem to contain some useful error info but I can't paste them due to forum rules. Any suggested workarounds?

In addition, looking for 'web-interface' references in the log file lists the port as 9090 instead of the default 8088. However, neither addresses are accessible to me.

Thanks!
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Your ps shows sabnzbd is not running at all. You must solve that. The log output sabnzbd.log will show you why. You can post sabnzb.log / the useful error on pastebin, and post the pastebin URL with spaces in it here.
JeremyCreekit

Post by JeremyCreekit »

Here's the last day of log entries in sabnzbd.log (due to PasteBin's character limit): https://pastebin.com/ktJfnn44

And here's sabnzbd.error.log: https://pastebin.com/99VyFCQ9

And here's the partial log output when I try restarting the app from SABnzbdplus-PKG.log: https://pastebin.com/cuhKCxkW

Thanks!

P.S. Apparently I can post URLs now :)
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Can't access SABnzbd (Linux, Asustor NAS )

Post by sander »

My guess would be that you're running a mix of SABnzbd 2.x (which needs python2) and SABnzbd 3.x, which needs python3 ... which is not installed on your device.

/usr/local/AppCentral/sabnzbdplus/CONTROL/start-stop.sh: line 338: /opt/bin/python3: not found
/usr/local/AppCentral/sabnzbdplus/CONTROL/start-stop.sh: line 338: /opt/bin/python3: not found
cp: can't stat '/opt/lib/python./site-packages/*': No such file or directory
So ... did you install an upgrade of SABnzbd last week? That would explain the problems?

Anyway: this is NAS specific. You must go back to the repo / person who provides SABnzbd on your Asustor NAS , and ask them.
JeremyCreekit

Re: Can't access SABnzbd (Linux, Asustor NAS)

Post by JeremyCreekit »

Thanks @sander!
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Can't access SABnzbd (Asustor NAS)

Post by sander »

I checked: https://www.asustor.com/en/app_central/ ... pe=&model= is SAB 3 ... so my guess is that you installed that, but it went wrong. Conctact the package maintenance how to solve that.

Oh, and if your Asustor NAS can handle Docker containers, that is a safer path to go.