Server Priority issue?

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
will25u

Server Priority issue?

Post by will25u »

Howdy,

I use NewsHosting unlimited as my primary server. I was having a lot of fail downloads so I decided to try a block account to help. I signed up for Usenet.farm trial block account.

After inputting my info into SAB, I tried a download that has been failing. The "check" went fine where before it would fail. And the file started downloading.

When I look at the Server tab in the settings, my Priority 0 server is downloading very little, and my Priority 2 server seems to be doing all the downloading. I reset my priority 0 server settings so I could actually see if it is being used, and it is being used very little. I reset it and let it sit for about 2 minutes and took that screenshot.

I can't believe that NewsHosting would have practically none of the articles? Any help is appreciated.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Server Priority issue?

Post by sander »

In SABnzbd's upper right corner, click on the wrench symbol ("Status and interface options"), then click on first tab Status, and there click on "Test download" 1000MB.

What is the result: which download per server? You can also see that per download.
will25u

Post by will25u »

It is using both servers equally it seems. I reset the counters for both servers before downloading the file.

sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

A 1000 MB download, and 80 + 80 = 160 MB result in your newsservers?! Weird
will25u

Post by will25u »

The second server is a block account. I didn't let it run the whole 1GB to not run down my block. But I can if you really need me to?

It was evenly using both servers and both stayed about the same amount downloaded.
will25u

Post by will25u »

I let it finish and this is the result.

sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

That's look good, doesn't it?

I'll explain what I said earlier: per download you can see the newsserver usage: in History, on the right hand side, click on the down-arrow to see it:

That is with all servers on the same prio.

When I set one server to a higher number prio, it is not used at all for the test download, so all correct.
will25u

Post by will25u »

So maybe I am not understanding then. If I have just Newshosting enabled and not the secondary server, SAB starts having missing articles, then "aborted, could not be completed".

Does that mean that none of the files are available on Newshosting? Or SOME are missing?

I tested the download with both servers enabled and the checking goes fine and it starts downloading, but only on the backup server, NOT Newshosting. I thought if articles were missing, that whatever could be downloaded by the higher priority server would be downloaded from there, and the secondary server was there to fill in the gaps?

sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

will25u wrote: November 11th, 2020, 5:26 pm I thought if articles were missing, that whatever could be downloaded by the higher priority server would be downloaded from there, and the secondary server was there to fill in the gaps?
Correct.

But it is now completely unclear to me what you mean with "the download". The test download, or something else?

I want to focus on the test download 100MB from the Wrench. Can you download that, and post the screenshot as I did.
will25u

Post by will25u »

So downloaded the 100mb file and it was completely downloaded by NewsHosting. No bandwidth on secondary server.

sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

So ... good?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Indeed, every article is checked on your main server before going to your next priority.
And yes, it could indeed be that newshosting just doesn't have it.
When you enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window, you can get the logs and see how it tried every article on each server.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate