HowTo map Win folders to SAB running on Pi via Docker

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
lazyk

HowTo map Win folders to SAB running on Pi via Docker

Post by lazyk »

Guidance appreciated on best way to have a persistent mapping of a windows drive (Windows 10 PC having external USB storage drive with R/W permission for 'Everyone') onto my Pi running Docker running SABnzbd ?

Via CLI i mounted via fstab file the windows directory successfully and from CLI I can navigate "cd" in/out to the Windows drive "M:"
fstab entry: //192.168.86.17/m /home/pi/LDS/volumes/sabnzdb/config/winstore cifs credentials=/home/pi/.smbcredentials,iocharset=utf8,x-systemd.automount,vers=2.0,users,auto,user_xattr,rw,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777 0 0

In SABnzbd, which defaults the folder to /config, I typed in the box winstore/SAB/Downloads/complete (and same for incomplete), and "winstore" is a directory i created on Pi's /config folder to which I mounted the M drive.

SAB downloads successfully, says it placed it in "complete" folder, but when I look in windows, it's not there. I check via windows browser, as well as through Pi's CLI cd'ing into mapped directory. It's as if it disappeared.

BUT what I found out was if i umount the winstore directory, the file was placed by SAB on the Pi and NOT in window's M drive. I can now cd into the 'complete' dir and see the file.

What do I need to do differently to make SAB on Pi use the Windows mounted drive properly?