Cannot get downloads in the correct sub-directory (and no subs)

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
EnnZeeBee
Release Testers
Release Testers

Cannot get downloads in the correct sub-directory (and no subs)

Post by EnnZeeBee »

I'm trying to get TV episodes to be processed correctly to their respective directories, but unfortunately it doesn't work with me. My settings are shown below:
The problem occurs when I download direct from an indexer without using Sonarr. The tv episodes are not downloaded inside the "series" directory of completed downloads as I would want them to, but they end up in the "complete" directory (parent of "series" sub-directory) and the filenames are a string of letters and numbers. Moreover, subliminal.py doesn't work as I don't get any subtitles to download. What might I be doing wrong?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Cannot get downloads in the correct sub-directory (and no subs)

Post by safihre »

Category should not contain the *, not in the name and not in the path. At least not if you are _also_ using TV sorting.
You should try the new "Defobsucate finale filenames" setting in Config Switches and disable the Series Sorting.
Start with that and then maybe after that enable the Series Sorting again.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
EnnZeeBee
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by EnnZeeBee »

Thank you for the advice. The deobfusacation switch worked fine, but I'm still having a problem getting the downloads in the proper sub-directory. Also still no subtitles are found.

EDIT: In Sorting can I change the Download Dir for each group, meaning Series Sorting, Movie Sorting and Date Sorting?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

You can't change that in Sorting.
But indeed you should use the Categories, and just keep the TV Sorting disabled.
Did that work?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
EnnZeeBee
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by EnnZeeBee »

safihre wrote: January 18th, 2021, 11:30 am But indeed you should use the Categories, and just keep the TV Sorting disabled.
Did that work?
Unfortunately it didn't work with TV Sorting either disabled or enabled. It must be a simple reason why this doesn't work, but I can't figure it out. By the way, I installed SABnzbd using the installer, but I also have NZBget installed on my PC for which I use Python 2.7. Could this be the cause of the problem?

I also still cannot get subtitles downloaded. I tried the same nzb files with NZBget and subliminal in that program did get the related subtitles.

My efforts to move from NZBget to SABnzbd are being frustrated! :(
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Oke maybe I was understanding it wrongly.
The only problem is the jobs that you download directly from the indexer?
That will only work if the Indexer included the right tags inside the NZB, you can see that in the first lines of the NZB it should show the the "TV" category-tag.
The subliminal script you'll also have to setup in Categories so it gets triggered to run. I'm sure they have a SABnzbd-integration instruction?
EnnZeeBee
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by EnnZeeBee »

Thank you very much for your reply.

I looked at the particular NZBs that I was using and I did not see any TV category-tag in them. That should explain why the downloaded files were not sorted to the appropriate sub-directory. Anyway, I'll do some further testing with SABnzbd since by using the same NZBs with NZBGet in my installation the downloaded files end up in the appropriate sub-directory. In any case I'm not prepared to go into NZBGet's configuration now in order to see why this works with it.

The subliminal script so far hasn't worked for me even after I looked at the developer's website instructions. Again I'll have to do some more investigating into it and hopefully I'll find the answer.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Maybe it depends how you add the NZB's to NZBGet? As it can also not just detect a category out of thin air ;)
SABnzbd supports Category-watched folders, so if you put them in a subfolder "movies" inside your Watched Folder, it will understand it's part of that category.
EnnZeeBee
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by EnnZeeBee »

SABnzbd supports Category-watched folders, so if you put them in a subfolder "movies" inside your Watched Folder, it will understand it's part of that category.
Your reply was exceedingly useful, because now I understand what I'm supposed to do with SABnzbd! With NZBGet all NZBs are downloaded to the same folder irrespective of them being about a TV episode or a movie. The videosort extension of NZBGet apparently sorts the downloaded TV episodes and movies accordingly. I say this with a small reservation as I haven't looked deeply into the NZBGet settings.

Anyway, I'll create the necessary subfolders in my SABnzbd Watched folder and I'll start downloading the NZBs to the appropriate subfolder.