Duplicate File Downloading Every Day

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
markp99

Duplicate File Downloading Every Day

Post by markp99 »

Over the past couple weeks I see the same title (1.8GB) is downloading every day at ~7pm. I've had excellent success with my config for the past year, but I cannot seem to figure this one out.

My Details:
Plex
Radarr/Sonarr/Requestrr
SABnzb
NZBgeek

The file is downloading into my "Movies" folder on my designated drive as expected, the but the Folder and .mkv are not being renamed per my config:
  • Folder: Herself.2021.1080p.AMZN.WEBRip.DD5.1.X.264-EVO, then ..-EVO.1, ...-EVO.2, etc.
  • Filename: 562220fe5c8c4166959b98454d09e443.mkv
I do see a "Warning" in SAB flagging the Duplicate NZB, but the file still downloads. I notice the NZB has "2021" date in the title, but Radarr shows a "2020" date. - maybe part of the issue?

I have a Win10 Scheduler task to manually kick off a Radarr Scan at 7pm daily (ps/curl). Probably explains the consistent 7pm timing, but, there was no Radarr entry for this title. A day or 2 ago I attempted to add a Radarr entry and then "unmonitor" without success - the errant .mkv still downloads.

Not clear what is the source of this daily NZB request of how to kill it. Any suggestions or brute force workarounds?

Thanks!
markp99

Re: Duplicate File Downloading Every Day

Post by markp99 »

Looking at pre-queue scripts (in the wiki); this seems like what I am looking for, though would still like to understand the underlying issue here:
markp99

Post by markp99 »

Found the "Abort Jobs" setting in Switches Tab.

Selected "Detect Duplicate Downloads: Fail Job (move to History)" option. Ran my powershell script, SAB attempted to download "Herself" title again, but flagged the DUP in History w "Retry". I will flip to simply "Discard" in a day or so, just to be sure.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

I think you should find the source of this NZB.
You can enable Debug logging and check exactly at 7, it will show you what API call or other call that was made that added this NZB.
It should also show the source, for examle Radarr, in the request headers listed in the logs.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
markp99

Post by markp99 »

Found the culprit in Radarrs' logs. At 7pm, a different monitored title was being scanned (Eternals (2021)), which included the errant "Herself" title and another newly duplicating title "Eastenders" .

I killed the "Eternal (2021)" title from Radarr, ran my powersource script and the "Herself" request was not sent to SABnzb.

Guessing some sort of DB corruption as I cannot find any obvious relationship between Eternals and Herself/Eastenders.

Glad to have this recurring issue stopped!

Thx for the tip to inspect the logs.