Saves Failing? [Windows Storage Spaces]

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Jteague101

Saves Failing? [Windows Storage Spaces]

Post by Jteague101 »

Hello,

I recently changed the directories for my temporary downloads folder and downloads folder. I changed them from being stored in incomplete and complete folders on my OS drive (C) to incomplete and complete folders on my Windows Storage Spaces drive (S). I did this because, well, all of my storage is on my Storage Space and downloading to my OS drive doesn't make sense. To clarify, the only file paths I am currently using now are S:\Downloads\complete and S:\Downloads\incomplete. I noticed that in one of these paths there was a folder which said incomplete or complete but I deleted it because it seemed redundant. After moving the complete and incomplete folders, when I attempt to download something, the queue pauses the download before it can download anything, presumably because of the errors below.

Code: Select all

ERROR 11 minutes ago Saving \\?\S:\Downloads\incomplete\Job.Name\__ADMIN__\SABnzbd_nzo_m2_qdr failed
ERROR 11 minutes ago Saving \\?\S:\Downloads\incomplete\Job.Name\__ADMIN__\Job.Name.x264-MRCS.nzb.gz failed
ERROR 11 minutes ago Saving \\?\S:\Downloads\incomplete\Job.Name\__ADMIN__\SABnzbd_nzf_vcr4uf failed
ERROR 11 minutes ago Saving \\?\S:\Downloads\incomplete\Job.Name\__ADMIN__\SABnzbd_nzf_1f4jva failed
ERROR 11 minutes ago Saving \\?\S:\Downloads\incomplete\Job.Name\__ADMIN__\SABnzbd_nzf_6qzz7q failed
ERROR 11 minutes ago Saving \\?\S:\Downloads\incomplete\Job.Name\__ADMIN__\SABnzbd_nzf_jm9mgi failed
ERROR 11 minutes ago Saving \\?\S:\Downloads\incomplete\Job.Name\__ADMIN__\SABnzbd_nzf_oq_d5f failed
ERROR 11 minutes ago Saving \\?\S:\Downloads\incomplete\Job.Name\__ADMIN__\SABnzbd_nzf_pikboz failed
ERROR 11 minutes ago Saving \\?\S:\Downloads\incomplete\Job.Name\__ADMIN__\SABnzbd_nzf_knz5mb failed
ERROR 11 minutes ago Saving \\?\S:\Downloads\incomplete\Job.Name\__ADMIN__\SABnzbd_nzf_yo_kes failed
ERROR 11 minutes ago Saving \\?\S:\Downloads\incomplete\Job.Name\__ADMIN__\SABnzbd_nzf_fhwevh failed
ERROR 11 minutes ago Saving \\?\S:\Downloads\incomplete\Job.Name\__ADMIN__\SABnzbd_nzf_evw6zm failed
ERROR 11 minutes ago Saving \\?\S:\Downloads\incomplete\Job.Name\__ADMIN__\SABnzbd_nzf_orx5nh failed
ERROR 11 minutes ago Saving \\?\S:\Downloads\incomplete\Job.Name\__ADMIN__\SABnzbd_nzf_ds6gim failed
ERROR 11 minutes ago Saving \\?\S:\Downloads\incomplete\Job.Name\__ADMIN__\SABnzbd_nzf_iawse9 failed
ERROR 11 minutes ago Saving \\?\S:\Downloads\incomplete\Job.Name\__ADMIN__\SABnzbd_nzf_yondbn failed
ERROR 11 minutes ago Saving \\?\S:\Downloads\incomplete\Job.Name\__ADMIN__\SABnzbd_nzf_qcqd22 failed
ERROR 11 minutes ago Saving \\?\S:\Downloads\incomplete\Job.Name\__ADMIN__\SABnzbd_nzf_gm1c8m failed
ERROR 11 minutes ago Saving \\?\S:\Downloads\incomplete\Job.Name\__ADMIN__\SABnzbd_nzf_sxmihd failed
ERROR 11 minutes ago Saving \\?\S:\Downloads\incomplete\Job.Name\__ADMIN__\SABnzbd_nzf_7rnkna failed
I am using Radarr.
Also, here's another error found in the sabnzbd text log file which seems to repeat hundreds if not thousands of times.

Code: Select all

2021-02-24 08:48:16,525::INFO::[__init__:884] Traceback: 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "sabnzbd\__init__.pyo", line 877, in get_new_id
  File "tempfile.pyo", line 314, in mkstemp
  File "tempfile.pyo", line 244, in _mkstemp_inner
OSError: [Errno 28] No space left on device
2021-02-24 08:48:16,539::ERROR::[__init__:883] Failure in tempfile.mkstemp
2021-02-24 08:48:16,539::INFO::[__init__:884] Traceback: 
Why is this happening and how can I fix it? I'm on Sabnzbd 2.1.0. I haven't bothered updating because 2.1.0 has been working mostly fine for as long as I've been running this server. SABnzbd is installed on my OS drive (C drive)
General -> Config File: C:\Users\Alan\AppData\Local\sabnzbd\sabnzbd.ini
General -> Parameters: "C:\Program Files\SABnzbd\SABnzbd.exe" -b0
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Saves Failing?

Post by sander »

This very probably means problems with write access to S:

I would advice to this as first steps:

Reverse to Incomple and Complete on your C: drive
Test that SAB works again
Upgrade to current SAB (3.1.1)
Test that SAB still works

Then report back. Then we can proceed to bringing back to your S:

About your S: is that just a local, built-in disk in your system running SAB? Or is it a remote drive (NAS, remote Windows), or attached drive (USB)?
Jteague101

Post by Jteague101 »

I reversed back to the equivalent paths on my C drive and everything works. I also upgraded to 3.1.1 and everything still works. My S drive is a Windows Storage Spaces pooled drive running in Parity mode. So a local drive. It is comprised of about 4 8TB WD Red SATA drives if i remember correctly.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

OK, good.

Now ... in SAB, Config -> Folders (http://127.0.0.1:8080/config/folders/) if you set Temporary Download Folder to S:\Downloads\incomplete and click Save ... does SAB accept that?

If so, do a test download: In SABnzbd's upper right corner, click on the wrench symbol ("Status and interface options"), then click on first tab Status, and there click on "Test download" 1GB
Jteague101

Post by Jteague101 »

I switched Temporary Download Folder to S:\Downloads\incomplete and saved. That seemed to be working for a minute or so but then I get a "Disk full! Forcing Pause" error which made me double-check my S drive capacity and usage. Since I have 4 8TB drives I would think the S drive should have a max capacity of 32TB (probably slightly less bc of hard drive formatting and stuff). I did a quick calculation and summed the capacities of each of the folders on the S drive and the summed usage came out to about 19.5 TBs used. When I do Control Panel -> System and Security -> Storage Spaces it says my Storage pool is using 29.1TB of 29.1TB pool capacity... 29.1 - 19.5 = 9.6. So about 9.6 TB are being used for stuff other than the immediate data being stored on the storage pool.... does that sound reasonable to you? I'm not sure myself. That's a lot of storage that I'm not sure how is being occupied. Again, my Storage Space is running in Parity mode.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Open a CMD box, and type

DIR S:

... what is the last line: how much disk space is free?
Jteague101

Post by Jteague101 »

It says 47935052201984 bytes free... so approximately 47TB. It says this because I configured my storage pool to have 64TB even though there actually only is 29.1TB usable since I am only using four 8TB drives

EDIT: It seems I forgot how parity mode works. I believe parity mode uses at least one of your drives almost entirely for redundancy, so the summed occupied storage of 19.5TB makes sense if only three drives are actually usable. The rest should mostly be for redundancy. Storage Spaces reports each 8TB drive as having 7.25TB max capacity. So now I guess I need to either erase some TV shows or find more deals on WD easy stores to shuck lol.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

but then I get a "Disk full! Forcing Pause"
Did you fill out anything for Minimum Free Space for Temporary Download Folder at http://127.0.0.1:8080/config/folders/#download_free
Jteague101

Post by Jteague101 »

It’s set to 1G
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

What if you remove that setting of 1GB, and do a download again?

Can you manually copy a big file (a few GB) into S:\Downloads\incomplete\ ?