Plush Theme: "This skin is no longer actively maintained! We recommend using the Glitter skin."

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
bingiman

Plush Theme: "This skin is no longer actively maintained! We recommend using the Glitter skin."

Post by bingiman »

Hello,

Would it be possible for me to remove the following message from the latest version of Sab? "This skin is no longer actively maintained! We recommend using the Glitter skin." I am really fond of this theme, and have been for many years.

Regards,

Bingiman
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Plush Theme: "This skin is no longer actively maintained! We recommend using the Glitter skin."

Post by safihre »

No ;)

Because if stuff breaks, we don't want to fix it anymore.. The skin is more than 10 years old, and uses already ancient technology.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
bingiman

Re: Plush Theme: "This skin is no longer actively maintained! We recommend using the Glitter skin."

Post by bingiman »

Thank you for your very RUDE answer. I have been using this software for over 10 years, and not once have I ever asked an unreasonable question. There was no need for a response like that. You're not talking to a flipping child. I guess this is the new norm in the current environment we live in today. So sad to see. You should become an Administrator over at TheTVDB. You would fit in perfectly.

Anyway, I edited the template and removed it.

Proverbs 29:20 - Seest thou a man that is hasty in his words? there is more hope of a fool than of him. (KJV)
OneCD

Post by OneCD »

bingiman wrote: March 1st, 2021, 10:00 pm Thank you for your very RUDE answer. I have been using this software for over 10 years, and not once have I ever asked an unreasonable question. There was no need for a response like that. You're not talking to a flipping child. I guess this is the new norm in the current environment we live in today. So sad to see. You should become an Administrator over at TheTVDB. You would fit in perfectly.
The only person being rude here is you. ::)
bingiman wrote: March 1st, 2021, 10:00 pm ... a man that is hasty in his words ...
Describes you perfectly.
Stuff I like: Apache bash cron DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo-S20 pfSense Python Raspberry-Pi RAID SABnzbd Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE
hikaricore

Post by hikaricore »

Not that it would be recommended or anything, but you can edit this warning out of _inc_footer.tmpl within SABnzbd/interfaces/Plush/templates.

Sorry to resurrect a month old thread, but I figured if anyone else came across this thread it would save any further back and forth.
Paschar

Post by Paschar »

Glitter skin forces several clicks for each category change, are there ANY skins that have the Plush functionality and layout?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Not at this time. It takes 1 extra click.
You can use the multi edit if you want to change multiple items at once.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Not_A_N00bi3

Post by Not_A_N00bi3 »

First of all, thanks for all the hard work on this project. I also have been using plush but the only reason is that show all/show failed was selectable and it stuck. With glitter it doesn't seem to stick as I have to select it each time. I don't need to know what downloaded, I need to know is what failed. Is notifications is the only remedy or am I missing something?

Thanks for reading
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

I will add Show Failed sticking for 3.4.0!
Not_A_N00bi3

Post by Not_A_N00bi3 »

Wow! Thank you so much for the quick response.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Let me know if you are missing anything else, always trying to make things easier :)
transientuser

Post by transientuser »

FYI.

I love, love, love, love Sabnzbd!!!!! I have been using it for years.

I have been desperately trying keep the Plush skin because I do not like and can not find what I am looking for with Glitter. Would it be possible to add Plush back with a giant neon banner that says,

"Plush is no longer supported. If you have a problem with Plush, switch to Glitter. If that fixes it, don't bother calling us as its not supported. Yeah Yeah Yeah, don't care, still not supported"
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Maybe you already posted them, but what are the things you are missing from Plush?

Unfortunately we removed plush because there was huge piles of old code in Sab to keep supporting it. It was a hassle to maintain and had many weird ways to do things.. So I can't just put it back easily.
Dissonance

Post by Dissonance »

Another vote for "Love Plush Gold!"

Also, as an IT guy, I completely understand flushing out of date code.

That said, here are the things I like about it compared to Glitter (not in any particular oder):

- Plush uses the entire screen. This provides for seeing more of very long file names.
- Plush has the ability to control how many rows are listed on a screen (I always choose everything). This is a big one!
- The row height and font are much smaller. The smaller those are, the better!
- The status icons after the file name. I know you can see that on Glitter with the dropdown, I just like them! ;D
- The color combo of Plush Gold is very pleasant. Glitter is either too light or too dark.
- The rounded corners are much more pleasing in a UI to me.

I'm just a guy on the internet happily using your software and my opinions on your project don't really matter. So, I realize you don't have to do anything to please me. You could make this all CLI based and I'd still use it. I very much appreciate your hard work!

One more thing, if the skin could be template based and thereby allowing the community to make skins, that would be really cool!!!

Thanks for reading!
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jcfp »

Dissonance wrote: September 3rd, 2021, 6:34 pmOne more thing, if the skin could be template based and thereby allowing the community to make skins, that would be really cool!!!
Skins are template based, see source code on github. Many if not most skins included with sab releases at some point, were in fact contributed by users.