Issue with completed files not joining and leaving the incomplete folder

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
sl1dememphis

Issue with completed files not joining and leaving the incomplete folder

Post by sl1dememphis »

Hi!

I'm very new to usenet and sabnzbd. I have had a lot of successful downloads with hiccups here and there. This is the biggest issue I've run into. I have a movie file that I was downloading and it appeared to have completed, but it is not in the History and is sitting in the incomplete folder as a bunch of files. I am not sure how to define this issue.
It's about 110Gb and don't want to risk another download. Has this happened to anyone else?

System: Windows Server 2019 - up-to-date with MS updates
SABnzbd version: 3.2.0

I have a potentially relevant log file, see img link. [img]https://i.imgur.com/l6qSgz2.png[/img]

Thanks for reading and your assistance.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Issue with completed files not joining and leaving the incomplete folder

Post by sander »

What is K: ? A NAS?
sl1dememphis

Post by sl1dememphis »

K is a stablebit drivepool of about 19 drives on the server.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

There are two things:

"Repairing failed" ... business as usual, because incomplete, unrepairable post. See https://sabnzbd.org/wiki/faq#toc32 . Use more different newsservers. Not a problem within SAB

"Cannot remove folder K:\Downloads\incomplete" and other errors with K: ... problem with K:, filesystem or virusscanner. Probably not a problem within SAB
sl1dememphis

Post by sl1dememphis »

Thanks. I'll look into the drivepool issue. In the meantime, is there any way to utilize the files I already downloaded so I don have to start over?
sl1dememphis

Post by sl1dememphis »

sander wrote: March 24th, 2021, 10:41 am There are two things:

"Repairing failed" ... business as usual, because incomplete, unrepairable post. See https://sabnzbd.org/wiki/faq#toc32 . Use more different newsservers. Not a problem within SAB

"Cannot remove folder K:\Downloads\incomplete" and other errors with K: ... problem with K:, filesystem or virusscanner. Probably not a problem within SAB
Sander,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I think I have a better understanding of what is happening with my Drivepool. I think it is possible that the way my drivepool balances was causing a problem with how SAB was storing download files. I believe by setting up a rebalancing schedule that aligns with a pause/resume SAB schedule, I may be able to avoid this issue. Time will tell!

Also, I was able to use the already downloaded files by just restarting the download and copying the old files into the new incomplete file folder. IDK if there is an easier way to do this, but it worked and the file completed downloading.

Thanks again!
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

sl1dememphis wrote: March 24th, 2021, 3:03 pm Also, I was able to use the already downloaded files by just restarting the download and copying the old files into the new incomplete file folder. IDK if there is an easier way to do this, but it worked and the file completed downloading.
This doesn't actually work, it will just download all the files again. It won't use the files already there.

In the History in the interface there is a Retry button, this will actually make sure the existing files are used again.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate