Possible to make post-processing follow priority?

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
kacaukacau

Possible to make post-processing follow priority?

Post by kacaukacau »

Is there any way already to make SABnzbd follow the job priority when repairing/unpacking? For example, I have a job that I want to download urgently, I put it as "Force" priority and it gets shoot up the queue and gets downloaded immediately. But after the download and direct unpack, it will eventually be queued for post-processing and if something is the queue, it'll have to wait for other stuff to be processed before it gets the turn to be processed. I feel like this kinda break the point of having priority for downloading when eventually it'll have to queue to be processed.

I suggest that if a job is marked as High or Force priority, after the downloads, the processor should pause everything that it is doing and process the job with higher priority first.
OneCD

Re: Possible to make post-processing follow priority?

Post by OneCD »

What should happen if SABnzbd already has other highest (forced) priority items queued for post-processing? ;)
Stuff I like: Apache bash cron DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo-S20 pfSense Python Raspberry-Pi RAID SABnzbd Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE
kacaukacau

Post by kacaukacau »

Sorry for the late reply.

Can't it follow how the download queue now works? If there are multiple items with the highest priority, then it should process it according to the time added to the post-processing list. For example if it is processing 5 items, 1 - Force, 2 - Force, 3 - High Priority, 4- Normal, 5 - Normal, if a 6th item finishes downloading with Force priority, it should be 3rd in the post-processing list, and lower priority than Force should be pushed down to 4th and after.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

It's an interesting idea, let me check this.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate