sabnzbd change default base folder docker

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
gabelebron

sabnzbd change default base folder docker

Post by gabelebron »

I have scoured the entire internet and " I know bit much" cant seem to find a soild answer to my issue.

From what I read sabnzbd only reads anything under install flder "config"... some people point to adding a variable in the ini file but not sure how to do that.

I am running a container on my Qnap Nas. Maybe some can point me to a good write up no way I am the only one with this issue.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: sabnzbd change default base folder docker

Post by sander »

Maybe this trick works for you: when starting SAB, specify the location of the ini file, for example:

Code: Select all

./SABnzbd.py -f /tmp/sabnzbd.ini
The SAB GUI then says: "Default Base Folder: /tmp" ... bingo!

Explanation: From the source code of SABnzbd:

Code: Select all

# If INI file at non-std location, then use INI location as $HOME
FlangeMonkey

Re: sabnzbd change default base folder docker

Post by FlangeMonkey »

I'm not completely sure about your question referencing sab or docker, as the sab question has been answered let me answer the docker volume part, that might help.

On the container side, I think most people us LXC on QNAP and I understand there are various write-up on specifics for QNAP, which would be better for a more native setup. I don't use QNAP, but to directly answer your docker question, you can add whatever volumes you like (within reason), the most simple is a bind mount using "-v /local/path:/container/path" if your doing docker execution from cli.

Docker has really good documentation: https://docs.docker.com/storage/bind-mounts/