Losing downloaded uncategorized files

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
threeonesix

Losing downloaded uncategorized files

Post by threeonesix »

Computer: QNAP TVS-871-i7-16G
SabNzbd Version: 3.2.1.0

Everything works perfectly except for one thing. When I download videos that are not categorized as TV / Movie the downloads complete but sometimes, not always, disappear from the folder setup as the Completed folder. I don't know where they go. The logs don't give me any idea where the files were saved or what happened to them after they were unpacked. Any ideas are welcome.

2021-05-10 17:32:43,771::INFO::[postproc:441] Finished unpack_magic on blah.mkv
2021-05-10 17:32:43,772::INFO::[nzbstuff:1783] [N/A] Purging data for job blah (delete_all_data=True)
2021-05-10 17:32:43,773::INFO::[notifier:122] Sending notification: Download Completed - blah (type=complete, job_cat=*)
2021-05-10 17:32:44,092::INFO::[database:293] Added job blah to history
2021-05-10 17:32:44,093::INFO::[postproc:134] Saving postproc queue
2021-05-10 17:32:44,093::INFO::[downloader:326] Post-processing finished, resuming download
2021-05-10 17:32:48,093::INFO::[nzbqueue:233] Saving queue
2021-05-10 17:32:48,114::INFO::[postproc:134] Saving postproc queue
2021-05-10 17:32:48,115::INFO::[notifier:122] Sending notification: SABnzbd - Queue finished (type=queue_done, job_cat=None)
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Losing downloaded uncategorized files

Post by safihre »

Do you have Sonarr/Sickbeard/etc setup? They can remove successful jobs from the history if they process them.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
threeonesix

Post by threeonesix »

My bad, I should have included that info. I do use Sonarr and Radarr. The downloads of which I speak do not go through either, though. These are manual nzb files I retrieve from Usenet. I have SabNzbd setup to watch a folder. I save the nzb files to that folder and it downloads them. Usually it saves them to the folder I have setup as the Completed folder, then I manually move them to where I want them stored for use in Plex. These are sports videos, like boxing, UFC, etc., things that Sonarr isn't equipped to handle. But sometimes they aren't in the Completed folder, they just disappear into the ether. I wouldn't think that SabNzbd is just deleting the extracted files but maybe so? I wouldn't think Sonarr or Radarr would be involved here but I guess that could be possible.
adika

Post by adika »

I have just signed up to the forum since i got the exactly same error (using Sonarr and sabnzbd but it was a file from a watched folder)

[NFO::[nzbstuff:1783] [N/A] Purging data for job *FILENAMEANDFOLDER* (delete_all_data=True)
Using synology and sabnzbd installed with Docker!
Any assistance would be appreciated here.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

The "Purging data for job" just removes data from the Incomplete folder, so that's completly normal.
Can you enable Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and then after it happens again, directly click Show Logging to get the log.
Send it to me at [email protected]
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
threeonesix

Post by threeonesix »

I figured out my issue. It was saving the downloads to /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/QSabNZBd3/SAB_CONFIG/Downloads/complete after migrating to v3 instead of the share I had setup for v2, /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Download/sabnzbd/complete. I added that location as the Default under Categories so hopefully that fixes the problem.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Why there? You should put it in Config Folders.
That's the place to define your default folder, while Category folders are only meant for special cases and should be left empty otherwise.