Media not placed in designated folder

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
thusband

Media not placed in designated folder

Post by thusband »

I recently rearranged my folder structure due to downloads and processed files being placed in root folders (warnings from Sonarr and Radarr). I separated the downloads and set up Movies as C:/Movies/Movies and TV Shows as C:/TV/TV Shows for the processed files in SAB Categories.

TV Shows are going to the right folders and Plex sees them however SAB shows movies going to C:/Movies/Movies but Windows Explorer has them in C:/Movies so Plex doesn't see them. I can manually move them to C:/Movies/Movies and Plex picks them up.

Could it be my naming or is something else going on?

I'm using the latest SABnzbd with Windows 10 on a NUC. The Plex server is on the NUC and I watch through a Shield and the Plex app.

Any hints appreciated.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Media not placed in designated folder

Post by sander »

You say "C:/Movies/Movies", but it is Windows, so ... don't you need C:\Movies\Movies. Could that be the problem?
thusband

Post by thusband »

sander wrote: June 25th, 2021, 1:01 am You say "C:/Movies/Movies", but it is Windows, so ... don't you need C:\Movies\Movies. Could that be the problem?
I'm sorry, that's a typo. It should read C:\Movies\Movies. SAB moves processed files to C:\Movies\Movies but Windows has the files in C:\Movies.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

OK.

Can you post relevant screenshots on https://postimages.org/ (for example), and post the link here?

Also: can you check in sabnzbd.log what SAB is doing?
thusband

Post by thusband »

I'm not sure what screenshot I should show but I checked the log and SABnzbd moved the unpacked files to C:\Movies\Movies.

Looking at Radarr, though, the path shown for the movie is C:\Movies not C:\Movies\Movies. The root folder in Radarr Media Management is C:\Movies. What I don't get is Sonarr is set up the same way except the root folder for Sonarr is C:\TV and TV shows are sent to C:\TV\TV Shows.

Could it be a Radarr issue?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

thusband wrote: June 25th, 2021, 2:22 am I'm not sure what screenshot I should show but I checked the log and SABnzbd moved the unpacked files to C:\Movies\Movies.

Looking at Radarr, though, the path shown for the movie is C:\Movies not C:\Movies\Movies. The root folder in Radarr Media Management is C:\Movies. What I don't get is Sonarr is set up the same way except the root folder for Sonarr is C:\TV and TV shows are sent to C:\TV\TV Shows.

Could it be a Radarr issue?
Yes, probably.

Easy check: do NOT run Radarr. Let SAB work ... and check where the result arrives.
thusband

Post by thusband »

How do I let SAB work without Radarr? Do you mean just use an indexer to pass a movie direct to SAB?

Maybe I should change the root folder in Radarr Media Management to C:\Movies\Movies even though Sonarr isn't set up that way.

Thanks for your help by the way.